Multi-Monitor - Order detection is messed up

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by EtienneM, Oct 22, 2015.

1. EtienneM

EtienneM Bit poster

Hi,

I'm having an issue that prevents the multiple monitor feature from working property for me. I run on three monitors: the MacBook Pro's retina monitor, one 1080p and one 1680x1050 monitor, in that order from left to right. My main monitor is set on the 1080p monitor, but truly, it doesn't matter which one I choose.

When I switch to fullscreen mode in my VM, all three monitors are correctly detected, but they do not appear in the right order. It places my mac monitor on the left, then the 1680x1050 monitor and finally the 1080p one, effectively swapping the two external monitors. This breaks everything from dragging windows across monitors, to mouse click positions. I have attached screenshots of both settings to better highlight the issue.

Parallels Picture.png Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 17.19.43.png

I tried reordering the monitors in Windows settings and in OS X, but then this will break the mouse positioning. I have also tried uninstalling the display driver in Windows and reinstall the Parallels Tools. No matter what I do, they are always detected in that order. I think this started to happen in the last update, but I am not 100% sure.

I am using Parallels 11 business edition with a Windows 10 VM booting from my Boot Camp partition on a MacBook Pro 10,1 with OS X 10.10.5

2. BartH1

BartH1 Bit poster

I had the same problem (screen ordering and mouse issues) but the only difference is that I happen to have only two 1080p monitors.

It seems to matter on which screen the windows initially is before you switch to full screen.
    If that window is on the left monitor there is no issue when you go to full dual screen.
    But if that window is on the right monitor and you happen to go to full dual screen from there, then the bug is there in plain sight for everyone to see.

In order to visualize the problem I made some screenshots.

Lets start like this:
    Start-correct.png

After switching to full screen everything works as expected:
    Result-correct.png

But now lets start like this. The only thing changed from the previous method is that we start from the right monitor.
    Start-wrong.png

After switching to full screen it becomes apparent the monitors have switched place:
    Result-wrong.png

Changing the monitor ordering in Windows and switching back and forth between the Windows and Mac desktop can cause the mouse pointer on the left Windows monitor to act on the right Windows monitor.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  3. TomW5

TomW5 Bit poster

Yeah same thing here. I made a thread about it also: https://forum.parallels.com/threads...r-mismatch-three-monitors.330253/#post-779148

I contacted support, but they're first reaction was to get me to schedule a remote session. I'm not going to waste my time while someone trundles around on my computer to observe a problem that's easy to screenshot, and easy to reproduce. Try reproducing it internally first and just log a damn bug already. Parallels support is really frustrating.