USB disappear after selecting

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by KarelF, Nov 3, 2015.

1. KarelF

KarelF Bit poster

Hi I have same problem as: its new problem, on Friday was be ok
    https://forum.parallels.com/threads/usb-devices-keep-disappearing-when-selected.93938/

Command on Mac - its same for all devices
    Before

:://system_profiler SPUSBDataType
    Mass Storage:

Product ID: 0x6387
    Vendor ID: 0x058f (Alcor Micro, Corp.)
    Version: 1.0b
    Serial Number: 45A550CB
    Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: Generic
    Location ID: 0x14200000 / 12
    Current Available (mA): 1000
    Current Required (mA): 200
    Extra Operating Current (mA): 0
    Capacity: 8,18 GB (8 178 892 800 bytes)
    Removable Media: Yes
    Detachable Drive: Yes
    BSD Name: disk3
    Partition Map Type: MBR (Master Boot Record)
    Volumes:
    8GB:
    Capacity: 8,18 GB (8 178 891 776 bytes)
    Available: 7,49 GB (7 490 215 936 bytes)
    Writable: Yes
    File System: MS-DOS FAT32
    BSD Name: disk3s1
    Mount Point: /Volumes/8GB
    Content: DOS_FAT_32
    Volume UUID: 7E6C2A59-C5C8-3F47-AFCC-5E68C1A1AE79

After connect:

Mass Storage:

Product ID: 0x6387
    Vendor ID: 0x058f (Alcor Micro, Corp.)
    Version: 1.0b
    Serial Number: 45A550CB
    Manufacturer: Generic
    Location ID: 0x14200000

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi KarelF, Please follow the steps mentioned below:
    1. Shut down the virtual machine.
    2.Open virtual machine configuration > Hardware tab > Boot order > Advanced settings > Boot flags > Copy and paste the following boot flag:
    devices.sfilter.enable=0
    3. Start the virtual machine and check the issue with USB 3.0 device.

3. KarelF

KarelF Bit poster

Nothings new. It is interesting that a few days ago it worked. Now I can not connect to a virtual machine even iphone. I rebooted Mac, but still same problem.

4. KarelF

KarelF Bit poster

I found possilbe solution - I have new 10.11.2 Beta .

5. GarthS

GarthS Junior Member

I have this behavior, too. 100% reproducible. It seems to be an El Capitan 10.11.2 beta-related problem. The most recent update does not fix it.

I reinstalled El Capitan 10.11.1 and everything started working again.

6. ThomasW3

ThomasW3 Bit poster

I observe a similar problem with latest beta of Mac OS 10.11.2 15C31f on a Macbook Pro Early 2015. Parallels 11 latest version reports "Unable to find USB driver...". Win 10 virtual machine is basically unaccessible/unusable. No mouse support. Shut down, etc. via Parallels menu does also not work.

Reinstall of Parallels did not help. Corresponding KB article to use terminals to repair access rights did also not help.
    Strange thing, that on my other Macbook Pro Retina Early 2015 also running early 15C31f Parallels still works.

I understand that OS betas are not supported by Parallels, but before I continue to send time on this issue, it would be nice if someone from Parallels could confirm if there might be a general issue with Parallels under Mac OS 10.11.2.

Best Regards + Thx
    Thomas

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi Thomas, please create a Problem Report for the virtual machine as described here http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and provide us with the Problem Report ID.

8. deksden

deksden Bit poster

I can confirm: after upgrading my mac to 10.11.2 (release) my USB devices can not connect to VM anymore - after selecting device from parallels usb menu they simply disappearing from it without connection and can not be found anymore.

P.S. Its really frustrating issue due to primary need of Windows VM is working with USB tokens for finance apps.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  9. Hound1

Hound1 Junior Member

I also have this problem. I have tried every combination of USB connection options. Sometimes I can get the devices to connect. It's definitely related to 10.11.2, as the USB devices were working previously. I have the latest version of Parallels. Also tried reinstalling Parallels tools

10. Hound1

Hound1 Junior Member

This procedure seems to work for me. Delete any grayed out instances of problem USB devices in Windows Devices and Printers control panel. You might need to restart the print spooler service (administrator login). Shutdown VM. Configure USB Connection Preferences to "Ask me what to do". Delete any permanent assignments for problem devices. Physically disconnect problem devices from Mac. Start VM and login.
    1. Reconnect device to Mac.
    2. When USB connection window opens, hold down ALT key and choose VM.
    3. Open Devices and Printers control panel and verify connection.
    Repeat steps 1, 2, 3 for each device.
    My Problem devices were a Star receipt printer and Ingenico PIN pad device.

11. DUMARCAYJ

DUMARCAYJ Bit poster

Hi, i also have the same problem with the last macosX update

12. GuenterP

GuenterP Bit poster

Same problem here

13. Wise87

Wise87 Junior Member

Is Paralles working on this problem? More users are reporting the problem and the instructions provided are not doing crap.

14. MartinS6

MartinS6 Bit poster

im curious if there will be an official reply. I have the same Issue here.

15. GuenterP

GuenterP Bit poster

since they were unable to fix it in the Beta-Versions of the 10.11.2 release this will probably take time. Interesting though that there is absolutely no official mention of the Problem in the forums, apart from asking for traces.

16. MartinS6

MartinS6 Bit poster

the funny part is that i use an external drive to boot from. This isnt possible anymore so parallels is pretty useless...

17. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi, please disconnect the USB device from Mac physically and reconnect it back. The device will become available in the virtual machine.
    To return device connectivity back to the Mac OS, disconnect it from the virtual machine via the Devices menu -> External Devices and check how it work

18. GuenterP

GuenterP Bit poster

Does not work. Device disappears again. It is not a hardwaretopic of connecting, disconnecting a device. It is a Softwarebug in Parallels!

19. MartinS6

MartinS6 Bit poster

Such a useless comment. Thats the issue we have... it wont get visible in the VM since the latest mac os update.
    I found a solution it works like a charm with VMWare Fusion.

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi Guenter, thank you for reporting us the issue, this seems to be known issue in the latest build of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac and our Engineers are looking into this. And this should be fixed in our future updates. Stay tuned for the update, http://kb.parallels.com/123410