Skydrive/Onedrive folders disappear from Desktop and Finder

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Russell_Hamburglar, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Russell_Hamburglar

Russell_Hamburglar Bit poster

I've had my Microsoft OneDrive folders shared to my Mac via the "Mount Virtual Disks to Mac Desktop" and "Share OneDrive with Mac" for some time. I could access this stuff via a folder on my Desktop and via Finder.

For reasons unknown to me, at some point in the recent past I've lost the folder and no longer have access to OneDrive via finder.

I've tried the following to to "fix" same, and have had no luck...any ideas? I'm on latest/greatest version of 9:

• Disabled "Share Windows | Access Windows folder from Mac" from config tool, rebooted Guest & Host OS, re-enabled option. No change
    • Re-installed "Parallels Tools", rebooted Guest only.

2. HakanA1

HakanA1 Bit poster

I have the same problem. I share in Parallels and a link to OneDrive shows in Finder. When I restart Parallels/Windows the link disappears until I uncheck/check in Parallels.

3. Ryan DeCorby

Ryan DeCorby Bit poster

HakanA1 is right, that works to fix the issue, but it is rather annoying to have to do this each time you start Parallels and run Windows 10. Something is wrong with recent builds.

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi all, hope re-installing Parallels Tools have fixed the issue. If not un-check "access Windows folder from Mac", un-installed and re-install Parallels Tools and check how it goes. Do not forget to enable the sharing option.

5. Ryan DeCorby

Ryan DeCorby Bit poster

Uninstalling and reinstalling following those instructions changes nothing, it still has to be toggled off and back on after a Windows 10 Guest OS reboot.

6. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Ryan, please reply is generating a Problem Report ID for further investigation. Refer to this article.

7. Cocoaju

Cocoaju Junior Member

I have the same issue too. The OneDrive disappears after a reboot of Windows 10 on Desktop 12.

Solution: Pause Windows 10 and resume. It will reappear until you reboot again. This is a bug, please fix.

DamonH1 likes this.
  8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello Cocoaju, please reinstall Parallels Tools as suggested in this article. If the issue persists, please go to virtual machine Configuration-> Sharing->Share Mac ->Share iCloud->uncheck and check "Share iCloud, Dropbox and Google Drive"

9. Cocoaju

Cocoaju Junior Member

Thanks for your help Paul but none of your suggestions worked. I'm not sure if we are just some isolated cases, or others aren't so bothered by it and haven't reported it.

10. DamonH1

DamonH1 Bit poster

+1 - I also have this problem.
    @Cocoaju, thank you for the suggestion. It was the final step that made it work for me. Thanks again.

@paul, for your tech team, these were the steps I took before finding this thread:
    - My Windows 10 virtual machine was suspended and Parallels shut down.
    - Started up Parallels & VM in coherence, and no OneDrive folders shown.
    - Launched a few Win10 apps, still no luck.
    - Exited Coherence, browsed OneDrive within Win10, still nothing Mac side.
    - Opened Configure/Options, turned off sharing, closed Configure/Options, turned on sharing, still nothing.
    - Restarted VM, waited, still nothing Mac side.
    - Paused the VM, unpaused the VM, and OneDrive magically appeared.

11. Karthik@Parallels

Karthik@Parallels Member

@DamonH1 Thanks for sharing this! We're glad to know that your issue's resolved.