Closing Parallels Wizard after Installation of Windows 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BoydC, Jan 15, 2016.

1. BoydC

BoydC Bit poster

I have installed Windows 10 using the Parallels Wizard. I'm able to access my virtual machine and my desktop files are available. It seems like the installation is complete, however when I attempt to close the parallels wizard a pop up appears stating "Do you want to stop or suspend the installation?". If I click stop all progress will be lost. Several hours have past and it doesn't seem like anymore tasks are being completed. How do I know if installation is complete and if it is safe to close the wizard? Thanks

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi @BoydC, please check if the virtual machine is in Coherence mode, refer to this KB article.

3. BoydC

BoydC Bit poster

Hi Druba, I went to the article you referenced and it indicated I need to
    • Right-click the Windows Start menu icon in Dock.
    • Select View > Exit Coherence.
    However, the Windows Start menu icon is not in the dock. I only have parallels desktop and Windows 10 icon (the icon is a pic of the windows desktop). Also I am able to view the windows desktop in a window on my Mac Desktop. Does this mean I'm not in coherence mode?

4. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi BoydC, could you please provide us a screenshot, so that we can understand the issue better.

5. BoydC

BoydC Bit poster

Hi Ram,

Please see below. This window has remained open for days now after installation. When I click to close the warning window shown appears. It seems to indicate installation is not yet complete? What do I do to complete the installation?

Also, after following Bdruda's previous instruction I discovered the windows start menu icon is not in my dock - this leads me to ask, should it be?

Attached Files:

6. BoydC

BoydC Bit poster

Maybe I should also add that the Parallels Desktop Control Center has had this "time wheel" over the desktop view for several days as well. Does this indicate something is still happening in the background or does it always do this?

Attached Files:

7. BoydC

BoydC Bit poster

Still waiting for help???

8. GregC6

GregC6 Bit poster

Just installed Parallels and Windows 10 this past weekend and having the same issue as BoydC. Parallels Wizzard still spinning away for a couple days now. Any help on this issue would be appreciated

9. GregC6

GregC6 Bit poster

BoydC, Did you receive an answer on this issue or were you able to figure it out? If so would love to hear what you found.

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 Update 12.1.3 (41532) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build and let us know how it works.

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Did you update Parallels Desktop to the latest build 12.1.3 (41532)?

12. GregC6

GregC6 Bit poster

Yes, this issue occurred with the initial install of Parallels Desktop using build 12.1.3 (41532). So it would appear the issue can still occur with this build
    I ended up stopping the installation which lost my Windows installation and subsequent windows apps I had installed. After reinstalling things seem to be working

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We see that the issue got resolved after reinstalling. If the issue persists, let us know.