1. georges2

georges2 Bit poster

I purchased an upgrade to Parallels 11, but I am running version 8.
    That only gave me a trial version, but the money was collected.
    I am willing to pay for the full version 11, but I want credit for the 49.99 that I already paid.
    There is NO WAY to contact Parallel Desktop people !
    How does one go about this ?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello @georges2 Please check your private message and reply us.

3. georges2

georges2 Bit poster

OK. DONE.

4. Do you still have this issue?

5. georges2

georges2 Bit poster

No. Customer service coontacted me and we solved the problem via email.

6. Ok, glad to know.

7. davidje.normangmail.com

davidje.normangmail.com Bit poster

I think I'm having the same trouble (cleverbridge reference number 80541158):
    • Running version 8 (on OS X 10.9.5)
    • Purchased upgrade to version 11 (£34.99)
    • When attempting to install, activation key for upgrade accepted (get a green tick)
    • Then: after inputing activation key from previous version I'm given the choice to "Buy" (what, again??) or "Try Free for 14 days" (no, I've already paid, ta)
    • Parallels happy to collect money but not provide product. What gives?
    As georges2 says above, how does one go about this?

8. Hi, we would like to inform you that customers who are using Parallels Desktop 2/3/4/5/6/7/8 for Mac are not eligible for upgrade pricing for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.

The best way to resolve this issue is fully refund you for the purchase of the Parallels Desktop 11 and after that you will be able to buy the full license key.
    Please confirm the refund and let us know if you have any additional questions.

9. MarkC10

MarkC10 Bit poster

Same thing here -- thought I had Parallels 9 when buying the 11 upgrade. Cleverbridge reference # 82946526

10. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi, please check and reply to your personal message from us to assist you further.

11. matthewb7

matthewb7 Bit poster

I did the same thing. Cleaver bridge ref #
    I hope I can still take advantage of the sale.

12. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi, please check your private messages.

13. YogeshP1

YogeshP1 Bit poster

We purchased the upgrade on Dec 1 based on an email sent to us from Parallels, when you offered a special price and 7 extra software items included.

Also, we had been regularly directed to 'upgrade' our software when we open our Desktop 8 software because a pop up box opens. There was no mention anywhere of the fact that the upgrade would not work for us, even though the pop up clearly opened because it recognized that we had Desktop 8, which is not current. I reviewed ALL the information on the page before you make a selection and there is no mention anywhere that the upgrade would not work for us. (I will be glad to send you a pdf of the screens that customers see leading up to the purchase.) The note doesn't appear until you are at the purchase screen, which is a little late. By that point, you think you have already made the right selection.

Yesterday, I had time to do the upgrade and saw that the upgrade I purchased will not work. There is no way to contact anyone to speak about this, which is very frustrating. It is also frustrating that we cannot upgrade the software we have and now will have to buy a new license. Why not tell people in an email about this ahead of time?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello Yogesh, Please check your private message and reply us, so that we will check it for you. Thanks!

15. YogeshP1

YogeshP1 Bit poster

No response privately, so I will come back to the public forum.
    That ($80) is a lot to pay for this software now. I want to receive a response from someone in the US about this. I received no notice that I was going to lose the ability to upgrade. All of the information in the pop up boxes that have appeared told me to upgrade. I needed to take care of this yesterday and was left with a mess. I want to show someone how poorly the lead up information to the purchase is presented.

16. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Yogesh, Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac can be upgraded from version 9 and 10 only. Please check the private message.

17. mohadesehm

mohadesehm Bit poster

I have purchased the upgrade 11, to my previous version but only discovered afterwards that it does not allow me to install it because I was running version 7. Can I have the refund before I re-buy the full license? (Ref. No.89481538). Your help is much appreciated.

18. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi, please check your private message.

19. TrentA1

TrentA1 Bit poster

I am in a similar situation. I mistakenly purchased an upgrade version. Can I upgrade to a full version?

20. Hello TrentA1,
    Plesae check your Private message and reply.