Windows 8 PD8 - Desktop background image corruption, screen shot corruption

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ErnieS, Aug 15, 2013.

1. ErnieS

ErnieS Bit poster

I have noticed 2 graphics corruption issues in Windows 8 with Parallels Desktop 8. I am running a macbook pro with 2 external monitors (via a matrox DualHead2go DVI splitter) which gives me an external 3840x1200 desktop in addition to the main panel on the macbook pro.

In windows 8, sometimes the background gets completely garbled - it will turn into a black and white type of static. Sometimes flipping back and forth between MAC/Windows will fix it. Sometimes I think it triggers when resuming from sleep.

Also, I use Microsoft OneNote in my virtual machine, which has a screen shot function - Window+S key will do a screen shot that can copy to clip board. When doing this screen shot, sometimes the screen will go black or crazy corrupted and I can't see what graphics I'm clipping. The funny thing is, the actual captured screen looks completely normal, I just can't tell what I'm getting until the screen shot overlay is done. Again this doesn't always happen, just sometimes, and I can get it un-stuck by either rebooting the virtual or flipping back and forth and clicking different stuff / starting the full screen start menu / changing the background.

This has been happening for a year now, and I recently upgraded from a Macbook pro 2010 to a macbook pro 2013 with retina and it's still an issue. Has anyone else seen this?

2. ErnieS

ErnieS Bit poster

garbled.jpg

Attaching a picture of what my background turns into sometimes.

3. rhasslinger

rhasslinger Bit poster

Im experiencing this exact same issue. My background looks identical to yours.

4. TS-Micah

TS-Micah Product Expert

This hasn't happened to my background image, but it has been happening to to me while using Firefox where parts of the page get blacked out. Sometimes Visual Studio will "appear" that I'm not interacting with it until I unmaximize it, then, in fact I was and when maximizing the window, it acts more like an image not showing any interaction.

I'm running Windows 10 Build 10586 and it's pretty frustrating. It's definitely tied to the graphics drivers. Any one else (still) experience issues like this?

BenR2 likes this.
  5. BenR2

BenR2 Bit poster

I'm seeing it to. Leaving full screen mode then going back in will fix it but I find that it will return in no time.

Windows 10 Build 10586 running 3 screen (one is the Mac other two are external)
    Macbook Pro with 16gigs ram.

Attached Files:

6. BenR2

BenR2 Bit poster

***crrrkkkkk*** Earth to Paralles, come in Paralles?