How can I activate one year of Acronis True Image storage

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JanC2, Aug 18, 2016.

1. JanC2

JanC2 Bit poster

Parallels 12 includes one year of Acronis True Image 500GB cloud backup . How do we activate this, as I only can select a 30 day trial?

2. 4K-DATA

4K-DATA Bit poster

3. JanC2

JanC2 Bit poster

thanks

4. CarlH2

CarlH2 Junior Member

This didn't work for me it asks for a serial every time.

5. BalasubramanianR

BalasubramanianR Junior Member

When i click activate it goes to acronis site and i login with my account and it goes to my accounts page and nothing happens..No key or no product registered.

6. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hey guys,
    Please follow the instructions outlined at to redeem the Acronis true image.

7. BalasubramanianR

BalasubramanianR Junior Member

Hi Dinesh,

I tried that. After clicking activate it goes to acronis site and i login with my acronis account and after that it goes to my accounts page and no activation key is given nor the product is registered in acroonis accounts page. I did a chat with acrnois support and say that acronis for paralles is not yet released and i have to wait.

Can paralles can provide right way to activate and get the key for acronis true image.

thanks

8. CarlH2

CarlH2 Junior Member

That doesn't work takes me to install it and at bottom says starting august 23rd bla bla but doesn't work.

9. RussellP1

RussellP1 Bit poster

I am having the same issue. I already have Acronis and an Acronis account. Followed the outline - which does not include steps if you already have Acronis. Logged into my account. Did not get the 500GB.

10. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

im having trouble also. i have all ready talked for an hour or so with customer support to no solution. I dont even have the acronis option in my drop down menu when i click on parallels desktop. Anyone else seen this issue?

11. StefanG1

StefanG1 Bit poster

I have the same issue. I didn't the key for Acronym and nothing happened after Safari is opened my already existing Acorns Account. I've tried this more than once after entering the code in the Terminal App.

12. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hey guys,
    We apologise for the delay. It should work now! Please try this solution.

13. DustinHullett

the option is still not in the parallels desktop pulldown menu. Same as it has been since upgrade? I have talked to support with no resolution and reinstalled parallels desktop 12 twice.
    Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 4.26.12 AM.png

14. JanC2

JanC2 Bit poster

If you already have an existing account at Acronis, there is no way to activate this offer? It looks like I have to make a new one, and restart a backup?

15. DustinHullett

any updates?

16. RichardM7

RichardM7 Bit poster

I have the same problem and I own two licenses for Parallels 12 Pro neither one works. I already had a Acronis id.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  17. DustinHullett

Parallels customer support finally got back to me and told me that you only get the acronis for free if you purchased a parallels desktop 12 license after the release. If you got the free upgrade you dont get Acronis.

18. RichardM7

RichardM7 Bit poster

I have went with a Netgear NAS for my backups now. Had Acronis for about 2 years and had issues with some of my machines and they did away with unlimited backups the end of this year so the cost would have gone up per year per tier level. Nothing better then having it local and also have the added benefit of having my own cloud storage

19. AndyH1

AndyH1 Bit poster

Hey friends, I had the same problem, but the instructions worked perfectly once I read very carefully. This may solve your problem as it did my own.

What I was missing was this:
    1. You CANNOT use an existing Acronis account.
    2. You MUST sign UP for a new account rather than signing IN to your old Acronis account.
    3. You MUST use the same email address for the new Acronis account that you used for your Parallels registration.

If you don't see the ONE YEAR offer anymore, then you've made a mistake and you will have to try again. In this case ONLY you will need to reset Parallels Desktop settings so that it gives you the one year offer instead of the 30 day trial offer. Read all screens carefully in their entirety.

To RESET Parallels Desktop so that you once again receive the offer for a free YEAR of Acronis True Image with 1000GB cloud storage:
    1. Open a terminal window and put in these 2 commands one line at a time.
    (note: It's only two long lines. It may look like four depending on the width of the window be sure to copy and paste the entire command.)
    defaults delete "com.parallels.Parallels Desktop" AcronisOnlineStore.AcronisOnlineStoreAcronisBackupOnlineTakenOffer
    defaults delete "com.parallels.Parallels Desktop" AcronisOnlineStore.AcronisOnlineStorePromoOff

I wanted to use my old account too, but as yet I've found now way of doing that. No big deal for me, but I realize this may present problems for some folks.
    All of this is in the instructions linked here and in prior posts. Look for the little red arrow after the note at the bottom of step 2.

Hope it helps.

Plug:
    I began using Acronis True Image back in 2012. It has saved my posterior many times on my Windows machines.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Thank you for sharing the steps you have used here. Yes, you are right you need to use the same email for redeeming the Acronis backup free for a year but if try to redeem the offer multiple times then it is violating the terms.