Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thank you for sharing the steps you have used here. Yes, you are right you need to use the same email for redeeming the Acronis backup free for a year but if try to redeem the offer multiple times then it is violating the terms.Hey friends, I had the same problem, but the instructions worked perfectly once I read very carefully. This may solve your problem as it did my own.
What I was missing was this:
1. You CANNOT use an existing Acronis account.
2. You MUST sign UP for a new account rather than signing IN to your old Acronis account.
3. You MUST use the same email address for the new Acronis account that you used for your Parallels registration.
To RESET Parallels Desktop so that you once again receive the offer for a free YEAR of Acronis True Image with 500GB cloud storage:
1. Open a terminal window and put in these 2 commands one line at a time.
defaults delete "com.parallels.Parallels Desktop" AcronisOnlineStore.AcronisOnlineStoreAcronisBackupOnlineTakenOffer
defaults delete "com.parallels.Parallels Desktop" AcronisOnlineStore.AcronisOnlineStorePromoOff
I wanted to use my old account too, but as yet I've found now way of doing that. No big deal for me, but I realize this may present problems for some folks.
All of this is in the instructions linked here and in prior posts. Look for the little red arrow after the note at the bottom of step 2.
Hope it helps.
Plug:
I began using Acronis True Image back in 2012. It has saved my posterior many times on my Windows machines.