Printing problems in Parallels12

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohanE1, Aug 19, 2016.

1. JohanE1

JohanE1 Bit poster

I upgraded to Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Pro and now can't I print from my Windows programs: Skärmavbild 2016-08-19 kl. 11.10.43.png

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi JohanE1, the possible workaround is to start the Windows Print Spooler service manually:
    Press 'cmd'+R combination.
    In the Run window type services.msc.
    Locate the Print Spooler and click Start and let us know how it works.

3. JohanE1

JohanE1 Bit poster

Alredy tried that. Doesn't work. Looks like something happened when upgraded

4. AndreyL1

AndreyL1 Bit poster

I confirm the problem.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  5. AndreyL1

AndreyL1 Bit poster

I went back to version 10.

6. DieterS2

DieterS2 Bit poster

I can also confirm that.
    Windows Print Spooler service is running but the issue is still persistent.
    Dhana@Parallels wrote in the thread "Parallels Desktop 12 Can't print from Windows 7"
    Go to Configure > Hardware Tab > Shared Printer > Uncheck " Show Page Setup before Printing " & let check with the issue.
    OK - now you can print at all. Nevertheless this is not a solution because you often need to see the page setup dialog before printing a document.

7. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello All,
    Please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Hotfix 1 (12.0.1-41296) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. Latest version is always available here . Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!

8. Andre1

Andre1 Bit poster

Despite updating to 12.0.1-41296 the error still shows up in my case. (Printer Samsung SCX5530FN attached to AirportExtreme). Before updating to PD12 this was not a problem at all.

Having downgraded to PD11 and the issue is gone.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  9. SusanneH

SusanneH Bit poster

Can I return to PD10, the print function urgently need. Otherwise I do not need a computer.

10. DieterS2

DieterS2 Bit poster

The issue might be addressed - but it is not solved with the hotfix 12.0.1-41296. When can we expect a solution?

11. SusanneH

SusanneH Bit poster

Bin back to PD 10 and everything goes back.

12. JanA3

JanA3 Junior Member

same here!
    NOT SOLVED with the hot fix ("Resolves an issue with printing from Windows using a shared printer from Mac")

shared printing still remains difficult or not satisfying without setup dialog!
    (1 print task gives 2 taks, one works and no page setup dialog!)

HELP... ASAP

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  13. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

The issue is under investigation by our devs . We are planning to fix it in our future builds. Stay tuned for updates.

14. ErwinH1

ErwinH1 Bit poster

Using El Capitan, Parallels12 and Windows7 pro on a brand new MacBook pro 13" with 16 GB memory. Having the same issues here sometimes, not always. After a restart it often works. Treid to connect my Printer (PSON WF-2760) via cable Ethernet and USB, same result.
    But what I also experience in all cases is, that the Mac printspooler is not empty. The printer prints the document, but the printjob is stll there and and it says "Parallels Print Job Info" and "stopped" and the name of the file below. I have to delete it by clicking the liitle X on the right side of the job-name. Very annoying.

15. JanA3

JanA3 Junior Member

It is solved with the new update today (19/9/2016)! THX

16. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Glad to hear that ! Feel free to reach out anytime. Thanks.

17. AndreyL1

AndreyL1 Bit poster

Nothing changed. Again, downgrade to version 10.

18. JanA3

JanA3 Junior Member

Indeed it worked for a half a day, now the issue is back and I work around the issue. Problem not solved.
    I have this since the upgrade to 12 and installing all the new updates

19. Are you using 12.0.2-41353 version?

20. AndreyL1

AndreyL1 Bit poster

If the question to me. Yes, 12.0.2-41353. Print does not work.