Parallels 11 and uninstalling Symantec issue

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RachelW1, Sep 11, 2016.

1. RachelW1

RachelW1 Junior Member

Hi,

The company I work for wants us to put Kaspersky anti-virus software on our system, which is a change from Symantec that they were providing us. I'm having a problem uninstalling the Symantec Endpoint Protection, and I can't get it to uninstall, and my company doesn't know what to tell me either.

The first screenshot is the first message that comes up, and then the second one is the next message that keeps popping up and if I click OK it just keeps coming back. I don't have a floppy drive/CD drive/USB anything attached to my laptop at the moment, so I don't know what it's finding?

Any suggestions on what I can do to uninstall this software? Thank you in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi RachelW1,
    Unable to find the screenshot of the error message. Please share the error message or a screenshot to understand the issue you are getting when you uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection.

3. RachelW1

RachelW1 Junior Member

4. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi RachelW1,
    Shut down your Windows, go to virtual machine configuration > Hardware > Boot order > Uncheck " Floppy drive " and let us know how it goes.
    Thanks.

5. RachelW1

RachelW1 Junior Member

Hi,

I made that change and tried again and got the same error. This time when I went to restart my computer (since that's the only way I know how to make the error messages stop coming up) I got this error:
    http://imageshack.com/a/img921/8433/gcv5h5.png
    Not sure if that has anything to do with what's going on, but that wasn't coming up last time. Thank you!

6. Dhana@Parallels

Hi RachelW1,
    Looks like the new error is a known issue with Windows Operating system. Check this link. Thanks.

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi RachelW1,
    You can try these steps provided by Symantec. But take a snapshot before trying those steps.

8. RachelW1

RachelW1 Junior Member

Hi, so far none of these options are working. I still get the same error that Symantec thinks there is a floppy drive. And I can't download that CleanWipe because I don't have the serial # of the software.

9. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello RachelW1,
    Please remove the floppy drive from the virtual machine configuration and try to remove Symantec using third party softwares like Revo uinstaller, Iobit uninstall etc.

10. RachelW1

RachelW1 Junior Member

11. Dhana@Parallels

Hello RachelW1,
    Please perform below steps & let us know how it goes :
    * Shut down Windows virtual machine
    * Go to virtual machine configuration > Hardware > Select " Floppy drive " from left side bar
    * Press ( - ) to remove the Floppy drive
    * Start Windows & check with the issue .
    Thanks.

12. RachelW1

RachelW1 Junior Member

Thank you SO MUCH! That did it this time! Thank you all for the assistance on this, you all can always help me out! Thanks!

13. Dhana@Parallels

Sounds great ! Feel free to reach out anytime. Thanks