Cannot even get a trial. Check network connection?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaelS28, Dec 31, 2016.

1. MichaelS28

MichaelS28 Bit poster

Wow...I don't remember Parallels being such a hassle to deal with. Cannot activate my account and now I cannot even get a trial because it says I do not have a network connection. Yet....I am typing this via my network connection.

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MichaelS28
    The Parallels Engineering Team is aware of this issue and working on the resolution. To supply them with the information needed to hasten this process follow these steps:

1. Open Terminal (Finder - Applications - Utilities - Terminal)

2. Insert the following commands one by one and hit return/Enter after each:

ls -lOae@ /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.parallels.desktop.plist
      ls -lOae@ /private/var/root/Library/Preferences
      ls -lOae@ /private/var/root/Library
      ls -lOae@ /private/var/root
      ls -lOae@ /private/var
      ls -lOae@ /private
      ls -lOae@ /

3. Copy the output of these commands to some text file and share it with Parallels Desktop Support Team.
    Workaround
    Only after processing the steps above execute the following Terminal command:
    sudo rm -rfd /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.parallels.desktop.plist
    Type in your Mac password.
    NOTE:
    No symbols will be shown due to security measures, so just hit the keys and use return/Enter.

3. blacks

blacks Bit poster

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 11.00.23 AM.png Hello,
    I have to recover data on an OLD mac....
    installed was a licenced parallels desktop 3....and macos 10.5.8.
    The mac has been udatet to macos 10.7.5 and Parallels desktop too old to run with macos 10.7.5....(bad luck)
    I downloaded version 9 and wanted to get a trail key, that at least i can recover data from this windows install.
    I get this error message while asking for a trail key for 14 days.:

Unable to request a trail key.
    please check your network connection and try again.if problem persist contact the parallels support team.

I'm on the network, no trouble at all, and the above description....i dont know about all this commands...AND
    ..... Copy the output of these commands to some text file and share it with Parallels Desktop Support Team.
    but how to share???:.... there is no email adress, phone number, nada...on this webpage...

Who can take care of it
    thanks for a solution
    Hans

4. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Dear Hans,
    Unfortunately, we offer trial version only to the latest version which is Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. You can check with our resellers like Amazon, BestBuy to see if they still offer Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac.

5. blacks

blacks Bit poster

i need only a trial licence to recover data from the windows install which i cannot see anymore...
    this mac will be never used again afterwards with windows and parallels
    Is there NO WAY to get a trial serial number. on my other mac i have parallels 12 installed and payed for a licence,
    it's just to recover some important data