Settings Window Shown At Startup Every Time

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by NathanJ, Jan 8, 2017.

1. NathanJ

NathanJ Member

Every time I start (macOS Sierra), Parallels Access starts up as well. This is good because I want to always have access to my Mac.

However, it also shows the Parallels Access settings screen every single time I start up and then of course I have to close it every time. I don't see anything to stop this. I don't want or need to see the settings screen. Please help.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi NathanJ, it would be great if you could share a screenshot of the settings screen that you see when Parallels Access starts so that we could help!

3. NathanJ

NathanJ Member

I've attached a screen shot of what comes up.

Attached Files:

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Did you select "Start Parallels Access when I log in to OS X" option under Parallels Access settings?

5. NathanJ

NathanJ Member

It was selected. But you know what, when I unselected it it still came up at startup. After some investigation it looks like Parallels Access dropped a .plist file in both my user LaunchDaemon folder AND my /Library/LaunchDaemon folder. I deleted both and things are working like they should.

I installed Parallels Access when things switched over to the subscription model. The two .plist files have different content so maybe a later version didn't clean up after the earlier one.

For anyone else who may have this issue, the file to look for and delete is com.parallels.mobile.startgui.launchagent.plist

Raj@Parallels likes this.
  6. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Great! Thanks for sharing the information. Please feel free to reach us anytime for support.