Can't delete failed VM installation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JustinE3, Feb 12, 2017.

1. JustinE3

JustinE3 Bit poster

In Control Center I have two VMs that failed to finish installing because of network problems, and now I can't figure out how to delete them.
    Control click brings up no pop-up and using the file menu only give a delete option with my normal VM, but not with the two failed installations.
    Do I have to go into the Application Support folder and delete something?

Attached Files:

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi JustinE3,
    * You can launch Parallels Desktop, but do not start your virtual machine.
    * Click on the Parallels icon on the OS X menu bar > select Control Center.
    * Right-click on Windows 10 development virtual machine and select Remove.
    * If you want to reinstall, please open Parallels Wizard: click on the Parallels icon -> New... Select Windows 10 (Development Environment) option and click Continue to follow the onscreen steps to complete the installation.

3. JustinE3

JustinE3 Bit poster

Thank you -- actually I mentioned in my post that control click would not bring up any pop up menu (the one that has remove on it), but I was finally able to get it to work by enabling a two-finger right click now.
    This overlaps with another problem that I posted a question for, which is that I cannot get right click to work using any key combinations. Fortunately I finally I tried enabling a two-finger right click in the Mac's preferences, but I get a right click in Windows (or in the Parallels Control Center apparently) with any kind of key combination, like control click or control shift click.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi JustinE3,
    You can use Parallels Desktop preference for creating a shortcut for Windows VM but not on the Mac OS as it is the host. CTRL+ mouse click or two finger tap will act as a right click on Mac.

5. JustinE3

JustinE3 Bit poster

Ajith - thank you but I think there's a misunderstanding... I'm saying that:
    1) Although ctrl-click is used on my Mac for right click, I cannot ctrl-click on Control Center to get a pop-up menu. Nothing pops up, but ctrl-click works as right click everywhere else. However, the two-finger right click DOES produce a pop-up on Control Center... very odd. Anyway, this little glitch is a moot point since I've used the two-finger right click to get the pop-up and delete the failed VM installations.
    2) I still need help to get ctrl-shift-click to work on the Windows VM. I have already set the Parallels Desktop preference for a mouse shortcut to be ctrl-shift-click but it doesn't work. But, similarly to issue #1, the two-finger right click DOES work in the Windows VM. Odd...