ARM emulator for prototyping

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by RedFoxy Darrest, Apr 28, 2017.

1. RedFoxy Darrest

RedFoxy Darrest Bit poster

Hi!
    I do a lot of work with Raspberry Pi, Arduino and ESP8266, it will be wonderful if you'll support that board in your VM, like a way to install and use Raspbian and other distro about that boards, I'd really like to make all my test with Raspberry Pi directly with a virtual machine that emulate the GPIO pins, it will be a wonderful platform to learn and test it

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Well, you are asking for an emulator/simulator, meaning a program that emulates a different architecture, that's not what PDM does, Parallels runs OSs that run on the same architecture as the Host which is Intel x86/x64. Not that this couldn't be added to PDM, but it's a totally different program.

You might want to google arduino/raspberry Pi simulator/emulator.
    Or check this out: https://circuits.io/

3. RedFoxy Darrest

RedFoxy Darrest Bit poster

mmm that's true, sorry :p

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Yes, @Specimen is right. You cannot emulate/ simulate different architectures in Parallels Desktop. You can use Autodesk's Circuits or PartSim simulator.

5. JamesF23

JamesF23 Junior Member

Of course now that the Macintosh is running on the ARM architecture, it would be nice to be able to import a Raspberry Pi image to host a Raspberry Pi virtual machine.