Is there a way to stop Toolbox from going into presentation mode...

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by tasslehawf, Jun 8, 2017.

1. tasslehawf

tasslehawf Bit poster

When I plug in an external monitor. I don't mind hiding stuff and whatnot but preventing sleep is annoying (and a security problem). I wish to stop it from doing this when I plug into my external monitors at work and at home.

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    yes, you can stop it by turning off option named 'Autodetect external displays' in preferences of "Presentation Mode" tool.
    To find these preferences: open Toolbox window, right-click on Presentation Mode tool, choose 'Preferences...'

3. PeteG2

PeteG2 Bit poster

I have to say, this is an incredibly annoying feature in Parallels Toolbox. I've disabled it all together. There has got to be a better way to surface this feature without being so intrusive. Also, I never would have found the preferences for Presentation Mode had I not read this forum. Please start user testing before putting these things into production.

4. Bruce Peterka

Bruce Peterka Bit poster

I agree, but relieved there was a solution to disable it. Maybe some day it will be option to turn on vs. turn off.

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @tasslehawf, have you checked the option " Do not switch to sleep mode"? By default, the option is checked.

6. JohnG24

JohnG24 Bit poster

Did unchecking "switch to sleep mode" work?