Unable to install Tools, coherence etc on update to Parallels 13

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by homelyn, Sep 7, 2017.

1. homelyn

homelyn Bit poster

Hi
    just updated to P13, and am having problems with a number of areas: coherence, video drivers
    There is a yellow triangle on the Win10 screen which says install Tools, when clicked it does not install, did a scan (sic /scannow) and did not find any errors, have followed all the support articles (uninstall video drivers, scans etc) all to no avail.

I have loaded the new tools set that comes with P13, but there is only a 'switch resolution' link, nothing to do with video drivers etc.

With my old Parallels setup it all worked fine, so is there a glitch with P13, is anyone else having problems, sorted it?

I believe they are all connected to the tools but cannot resolve it.
    My system:
    Imac late 2012 (intel based) - Nvidia Geoforce, 25Gb memory
    Win10
    Parallels 13

Cheers

Eric

AdrienneO likes this.
  2. vitalb

vitalb Parallels Developers

Hi, Eric!
    Could you, please, open your problem VM, make Report a problem (using menu - Help - Send Report a problem) and provide us the number of report?
    Could you, please, describe, what are you seeing during setup Parallels Tools?
    Thank you,
    Vitaly.

3. homelyn

homelyn Bit poster

Hi, think i got it sorted, found a virtual drive containing the tools I required

thanks if you have looked

Eric

AdrienneO likes this.
  4. vitalb

vitalb Parallels Developers

Thanks, Eric,
    When you send Report a problem, just provide us the number. Thanks in advance.
    Vitaly