Cannot boot my VM after upgrade to 13

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by fpmalard, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Can you please execute this command in Terminal (stop the VM, shutdown Parallels Desktop) and let me know if that helped?

chmod -RN /Users/fpmalard/Documents/Parallels/AU 2015.pvm

Simply start the virtual machine after executing this command. It will reset permissions to the VM bundle.

2. Dmitry@Parallels

This one looks like a different issue. Would you like to get Parallels Support assistance with this?

3. Dmitry@Parallels

This is probably an issue with Parallels Desktop activation. Your copy was likely activated with permanent license, but indeed you have a valid subscription. I've sent you a personal message with the activation key you need to use. Parallels Desktop menu on macOS menu bar > Account & License > Enter a key.

4. Dmitry@Parallels

I apologize for late response. Guys, please do not forget that you can always contact Parallels Support if any issue is critical for you.

5. IkeZ

IkeZ Bit poster

Hi Dmitry,
    Any insights into this problem? I have a ticket open with support but haven't heard anything in over 24 hours.
    Thanks

6. PJS1

PJS1 Bit poster

To fix the missing HDD issue (no boot disk) I did this :
    1. Launch Terminal ( Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal).
    2. Type the command chmod -RN, then drag and drop the problematic pvm to the Terminal window, so the resulting command should look like this:
    chmod -RN /Users/pd-team/Parallels/Windows\ 10.pvm
    3. Hit Enter/Ruturn to execute the command.
    4. Start the virtual machine and check if it boots normally.

7. IkeZ

IkeZ Bit poster

...and here's a screen shot of the error message:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. EdoardoI

EdoardoI Junior Member

Tried to remove the bootcamp entry from PD13 hoping I can create a new bootcamp since the one that was working until an hour ago fails to boot suddenl.y
    But
    - it is not possible to create a new bootcamp
    - it is not possible to re-add the removed bootcamp (see screenshot)

Attached Files:

9. Dmitry@Parallels

Hi @EdoardoL, we are aware of this issue and working on the resolution to fix as soon as possible.

10. EdoardoI

EdoardoI Junior Member

Can you share some insights? I bet there are thousands of people affected and some of them may be pretty smart and help solve the problem.

11. EdoardoI

EdoardoI Junior Member