Unable to create new macOS 10.12 VM with Parallels 13.1 under macOS 10.12

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by RickC1, Oct 11, 2017.

1. RickC1

RickC1 Bit poster

"Install macOS 10.12.4 Using the Recovery Partition" results in "barred circle".
    This is the second thing I need to do which I can't do with Parallels 13 (the first being creating a Chrome OS VM).
    Not a happy camper.

john29 likes this.
  2. JasonB18

JasonB18 Bit poster

PD 13.1 seems to break installing non Windows guest OS on macOS 10.12 and 10.13 hosts. I've heard that PD13.0 works fine, but I just went all the way back to PD12 and it seems to be working.

john29 likes this.
  3. john29

john29 Bit poster

Any update on this? I use parallels for work and i NEED to run older versions of OSX in VMs in order to test software. I have a paid version of parallels and the fact I cannot use older OSX versions makes parallels next to useless for me

Can we get a response here from someone on the parallels team? this is unacceptable and extremely frustrating!

4. JasonB18

JasonB18 Bit poster

I think that the issue was resolved in the 13.1.1 update that came out a few days ago. I haven't had time to test, but it is specifically mentioned in the release notes:

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JasonB18 , please try to install and let us know if you are experiencing any issues.

6. JasonB18

JasonB18 Bit poster

Seems to be working as expected with Version 13.1.1 (43120)

7. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @JasonB18, Glad to know it is working fine.