Some Windows Apps doesn't show on dock in coherence mode

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by LuisM4, Feb 2, 2017.

1. LuisM4

LuisM4 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm running Desktop version 12.1.3 and in one of the last updates something changed and now the apps I build with VisualStudio 2015 (WinForms) when launch doesn't appears on dock as they use to be.

Normally installed apps on windows appears properly but new build one didn't. The rest of the integration of coherence looks fine.

Extract_Words_Iniciales.jpg

Maybe I should say the VM goes sleep a couple of times w/o me asking for it, that never happen to me before.

Thanks in advance.

2. Hi, only one app didn't appear it Dock, am I right?

3. LuisM4

LuisM4 Bit poster

No, no. It happens with all the tiny apps I build with VisualStudio. I create a lot of small apps for back office maintence and now no one of them appears in dock as they use to be. I'm not sure it is happens in the last update of parallels or the previous or if its something else, maybe macOS updates this week...

4. Ok, and do you have icons in this folder ~/Applications (Parallels)/ on the Mac side?

5. And also how about launchpad? Do you have started apps in launchpad?

6. LuisM4

LuisM4 Bit poster

I'm not sure what you mind? I attach an screenshot of what I have in that folder and inside the Windows 10 applications folder underneath it. Disk Order 2017-02-07 16-06-42.jpg Applications (Parallels) 2017-02-07 16-08-25.jpg

7. LuisM4

LuisM4 Bit poster

For my tiny tools? No I don't. But there are others from VisualStudio Installation that shares the same Icon my ones used to have. I thing its the default icon VS assigns to apps while you don't provide a better one.

8. LuisM4

LuisM4 Bit poster

So there is no solution ? It's quite annoying bug

9. DalvanC

DalvanC Bit poster

Any news about this subject? It's been months since this happened, I've even switched VMs.

10. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @LuisM4, please try to isolate Windows and Mac restart your Windows and then un check "isolate Windows and Mac" option and check if that helps. Please click here for further assistance.

11. DenisO

DenisO Parallels Developers

Hi,
    This issue fixed in PD13.

12. DalvanC

DalvanC Bit poster

My Version 13.2.0 (43213) still does not display the start menu in Coherence mode. Any news?

13. DenisO

DenisO Parallels Developers

Hi @DalvanC,
    You have a different problem than this topic. We are need more information about your issue. Please reproduce it and at the moment when you think that the Start menu should appear, send technical data (see http://kb.parallels.com/9058). After that post me a Problem Report ID.
    Thank you,
    Denis

14. ZbynekR

ZbynekR Bit poster

Hello,
    I have the same problem. When I debug applications in VS 2015, the icon sometimes doesn't show. I have the latest Version 13.2.0 (43213). I tried to change the isolation settings, but it didn't help.
    Thanks,
    Zbynek

Attached Files:

15. IvanJ2

IvanJ2 Bit poster

I have the same problem, but only for programs running from a network drive. If I copy the program to the C-drive, there is no problem.