Mac OS Sierra - Windows 10, Parallels 13 not able to use keyboard or start menu at bottom?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ColtonR, Dec 11, 2017.

1. ColtonR

ColtonR Bit poster

I have had the issue all week, I figured it was time that I asked.

My Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 running the Windows 10, Parallels 13 (each time I run parallels I use the desktop shortcut made on my Mac), it opens & logs me in perfectly fine. When I try to use the start menu at the bottom anything down there, it'll restart the VM, it'll go black for a second then come back to the state it was just at. When I hover over it to click on anything the "working" spinning circle is constantly there. After a couple of minutes of letting it sit there, (only sometimes) will it boot all the icons down there.

I can use the keyboard either. I was able to open Edge at one point, without file browsing for it, but couldn't type anything there, or in general inside the VM. I tried reinstalling it, & deleting the entire program. The problem only seemed to occur after I updated my Mac with the most recent update. I checked all up & downs for solutions & couldn't find anything. Does anybody have any suggestions? Yes, everything on my Mac & Parallels is completely updated.

2. kat

kat Product Expert

3. ColtonR

ColtonR Bit poster

Yes, I have it installed & selected Actions > "Reinstall Parallels Tools" & it just finished, now its restarting the VM but nothing was fixed. It's the exact same problems.

4. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi ColtonR,
    Just checking to make sure that this isn't a bootcamp partition.
    Are you operating in coherence or full screen mode? If you are, exit that mode, and see if the behavior still exists.