Install stuck on Security Preferences step

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GeorgeK6, Jan 10, 2018.

1. GeorgeK6

GeorgeK6 Bit poster

Trying to install Parallels Desktop 13 on a Mac running 10.13.2 and am at the step where I have to click "allow" in Security & Privacy to let the app's extensions load.

I click "Allow" and nothing happens. Parallels Desktop does not start.

Update: found the fix in another post, reboot in recovery mode and use csrutil disable command in Terminal.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @GeorgeK6, Parallels Support Here! We would request you to follow the below steps.

Restart your Mac into the Recovery mode (Cmd+R on restart sequence), see Apple knowledge base on details for this .

While in Recovery, launch the Terminal to allow system integrity protection if previously you disable it (unlikely, but should be enabled anyway):

csrutil enable

Then execute the command that would allow the automatic approval of Parallels kexts without the button we cannot press:

spctl kext-consent add 4C6364ACXT

Reboot to normal mode, install and launch Parallels Desktop 13.

3. GeorgeK6

GeorgeK6 Bit poster

Thanks, like I noted above, found the answer in another post, was able to install.

4. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @GeorgeK6 Thank you for your update. We are glad that you have resolved the issue. Thanks, Shathish