Shift key not working in remote session

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by GabrielG2, Feb 1, 2018.

1. GabrielG2

GabrielG2 Bit poster

When I am in a remote session the shift, command, or control key doesn't work. When I click shift + T for instance the first character is a lower case t. On the second attempt, it writes a capital T. Also copy and paste do not work. I tried going into the Open virtual machine configurations > Hardware tab > Mouse & Keyboard > Open Shortcuts Preferences > Virtual Machine >your windows machine's name > Profile > Windows. I then tried Click on + button in order to add a shortcut. Add From:Shift To:Shift. After I went back in it still didn't work. Any ideas on how to fix this? It is frustrating to have to click and un-click the caps lock EVERY SINGLE TIME I have to write a capital letter.

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello GabrielG2, please press Windows + R and type mstsc > Show options > Local Resources > Keyboard > on this remote computer by selecting shift on it and see if that helps. Thanks!

ErnestT1 likes this.
  3. GabrielG2

GabrielG2 Bit poster

I can't seem to find what the remote computer name and password is. I found the path to the "> Show options > Local Resources > Keyboard >" location, but after I select "on this remote computer" and try to click the connect button, it asks for user name and password. I tried several times to enter what I think the names are. Is there a way to find that out?

4. HeikoH2

HeikoH2 Bit poster