Issues copy-pasting urls in IE 11/Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RobinS3, Jan 17, 2016.

1. RobinS3

RobinS3 Bit poster

Since I've updated Parallels Desktop for Mac to Version 11.1.2 (32408), I'm having issues when copy-pasting urls in Internet Explorer 11 in my guest Windows 10 VM. When I single copy an URL from the address bar in IE 11, the url isn't copied. When I copy it twice, it's copied to the clipboard. Same when pasting an url to the address bar from the clipboard. When pasting once, the url isn't pasted, when pasting twice, it is pasted. This is very frustrating.

My host OS is OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 (15C50), Macbook Pro 15 retina early 2013. My guest VM is a bootcamp partition, opened as VM in Parallels. The guest OS is Windows 10 Pro x64, all updates installed. Copy & pasting works fine in all applications in host OS & guest OS. Also copy & pasting from/to the address bar is working fine in Chrome and Edge (win10). I'm only having problems with IE.

Who is having the same issues? Support, can you help me with this?

2. JoseA2

JoseA2 Bit poster

Yes, I have the same issue with my Mac, Host OS is OX El Capitan 10.11.3 MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), Guest OS Windows 10 PRO x64 updated, Parallels Desktop Version 11.1.2 (32408)
    Thanks

3. RobinS3

RobinS3 Bit poster

Thanks for sharing your experience Jose!
    @support: any progress about this issue?

4. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Hi Robin,
    I guess no one on the forum has ideas why it's woking this way on your Mac.
    I'd recommend contacting Support (open a support ticket) and report this issue.

5. RobinS3

RobinS3 Bit poster

I've just opened a support ticket.

6. AmberB1

AmberB1 Bit poster

Looking forward for a fix. This issue keeps me bugging..

7. PatrickR2

PatrickR2 Bit poster

Having the same issue. Opened a support ticket. If anyone makes any progress, please let us know.

Support, let us know of any updates. This bug is affecting production. Thanks.

8. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello PatrickR2,
    Please open Virtual Machine configuration -> Hardware -> Mouse & Keyboard -> Set keyboard and mouse settings to "Optimize for games" and check how it works!

HuseyinG likes this.
  9. PatrickR2

PatrickR2 Bit poster

Dinesh, thanks for responding. Support contacted me for an online troubleshooting session. After an hour and a half, support determined the following:
    "Based on our conversation, I understood that you were experiencing issues using copy and paste function in Virtual Machine.
    During the remote session, we found that copy and paste function is not working only in Interner Explorer URL-bar.
    The issue you have reported is not directly related to Parallels Desktop for Mac. This is a Windows OS issue which is also possible to occur on real Windows PCs. We tried our best in attempting to troubleshoot this in accordance with the Microsoft support documentation available on the web but were not successful.
    You may either contact your local administrator or request assistance from the OS vendor directly.
    For more information please refer to the Scope of Parallels Support: http://www.parallels.com/fileadmin/docs/support/Scope_of_Parallels_Support.pdf "

We are going to open a support ticket with Microsoft. We were able to update Windows 10 until we duplicated this issue on another computer using the same Parallels setup as my computer. I will follow up if Microsoft responds to the issue.

10. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Let us know if you still experience the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

11. PMB_SD

PMB_SD Junior Member

any updates?

12. Issue has been related to the Interner Explorer. Do you have the same behavior? Or may be you can provide us with other description.

13. PMB_SD

PMB_SD Junior Member

I have the same issue. latest windows 10. parallels 11.2.1 (32626)
    Setting keyboard to "Optimize for games" didn't change it. Sometimes it works if I actually use the true windows 'control' shortcuts, but never if I use the mapped Mac 'command' shortcuts... (those work fine everyplace else) I don't know if the new v12 fixes things, I can't use it on my 3 monitor system in full screen. I get 1 space for each display... (I don't use Apple's separate space for each display)

14. PatrickR2

PatrickR2 Bit poster

I checked with my IT. "
    I was able to test the key command copy and paste on a laptop. I copy and pasted via Control C and Control V URLs from a Word document into the address field of IE 11.545.10586.0 running Windows 10 Home on a 1.60 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM Lenovo PC.
    The issue doesn't seem to be present so either it is something that only affects the Win10 Pro versions or Parallels is causing the problem."

This appears to be a Parallels issue.

Parallels Support, could you please look further into the issue?

15. Dmitry_Yasser

Dmitry_Yasser Bit poster

Still no update?
    The issue is driving me crazy.
    Windows 10 Pro (ver 1607) / PD 11.2.2

16. PMB_SD

PMB_SD Junior Member

I didn't check if this was fixed in P12, because I can't use 12 at all they way the broke it so badly. (It's Apple's fault ultimately, because Steve Jobs is dead and the idiots are running free making dumb decisions on Mac OS)

17. GordonW2

GordonW2 Bit poster

Same here, pasting works fine in Edge but not in Internet Explorer. My workaround is to right-click the address bar and paste using the shortcut menu. This works fine.

Curiously enough, I can type fine, press delete, etc, it's just the clipboard shortcuts which don't work.

18. ThorstenK4

ThorstenK4 Bit poster

Having exactly the same problem. Windows 10 on Parallels 13, only in IE URL box.

19. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

20. HuseyinG

HuseyinG Bit poster

Thank you this is working. How come parallels support team dowsn't test this? İt is not related to internet Explorer and copy paste was working earlier. It also work on my Windows PC. The problem is related to Parallels and above is the workaround.