Parallels Desktop for Mac 13 Black Screen

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GavinP1, Sep 20, 2017.

1. paula4

paula4 Bit poster

JohnR23, good luck getting a response from Parallels. In the end I downloaded a new versions of windows 10 and I am up and running, but all of the data that resides on the old version is lost until I can get a local IT professional to figure out how to get it to work.

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello paula4, Do you have the old version working? did you installed Windows 10 as a second virtual machine inside Parallels Desktop?

3. paula4

paula4 Bit poster

I do not. I need a tech to go into the registry to pull all of the old data out. Parallels support is brutal. The people on the forum are much more intelligent and supportive.

4. JohnR23

JohnR23 Bit poster

Hi Paula, Did you reinstall Parallels or just Win10? I don't store a lot of files in the Windows world. (Which is why I'm using Parallels rather than Bootcamp.

5. paula4

paula4 Bit poster

Just windows.

6. JohnR23

JohnR23 Bit poster

Thanks! (Uuugh, I hate working on Windows OS...)

7. LewisO

LewisO Bit poster

Sorry for jumping in here... but I don't see how to create a new post, post a new question? anyone help?

8. Hi LewisO. Please select the required topic from here and select Post New Thread option which is present at the top and bottom right corners of the page.

9. JamesW20

JamesW20 Bit poster

I see the black screen and none of the restart/stop/reset tricks is working. I'm running Parallels 13.3.0 (43321) on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5 Beta. The client OS is Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5 Beta (i.e. same OS as the host). The login screen is fine, and I log in, but then the screen goes black. Anything else to try?

10. JohnV19

JohnV19 Bit poster

My computer screen is black and whenever I try to close it it reopens itself what should I do

11. Hello, did you reset your VM?

12. Loesd

Loesd Bit poster

I just downloaded parallels client on my MacBook Pro, but I keep getting a black screen. How do I reset it? The above mentioned link Maria sent is for Windows 10. Can you send me the one for the Macbook?

13. TomP11

TomP11 Bit poster

i have the black screen at first....tried the reset...tried every thing suggested...nothing...then someone said to add more memory usage...i went from 8 to 15 gb of memory on my machine and now the windows does not even start, yet get to to the black screen....now what...i would appreciate if someone from parallels calls to fix the problem...

14. Hello, did you have a macOS VM? What is your Parallels Desktop and macOS versions?

15. Hello, could you change setting to the 2-4 GB p and check the issue please?

16. PeterP31

PeterP31 Bit poster

A file or device required for the operation of Hard Disk 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permission to access it. The virtual machine will continue running, but the device will be disconnected.

17. PeterP31

PeterP31 Bit poster

hello dear does anyone now how can I fix this problem

18. Hi, could you provide us with the detailed issue description please?

19. When does this issue appear?

20. LBMS1

LBMS1 Bit poster

We had the same problem this week. Black screen at the start of Windows. Actions > Reset has solved it.