Ubuntu 18.0.4 parallel tools installation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AjayR, May 14, 2018.

1. AjayR

AjayR Junior Member

Just updated my ubuntu VM to 18.04 and now parallels tools fail to install. All I see is a greyed out "Installing Parallel Tools" in the virtual machine menu. Has anyone else faced this issue?

My Parallels Desktop Pro version 13.3.0

2. Hello AjayR. Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac supports only up to Ubuntu 17.10 as the guest OS, Our engineers are working hard to add support for Ubuntu 18.04. Once it is fully supported by Parallels, we will add it to the list of supported guest OS's. At this time, we do not have a fixed date for adding support for the said guest OS.

3. AjayR

AjayR Junior Member

can you please tell me an interim fix then? How to roll it back?

4. AjayR

AjayR Junior Member

Would appreciate if someone from parallels support can reply.

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AjayR,
    Our engineers are working hard to add support for New-OS-to-be-supported. Once it is fully supported by Parallels we would add it to the list of supported guest OS's. At this time we do not have a fixed date for adding support for New-OS-to-be-supported.

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello AjayR, Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Update 3 Hotfix 1 (13.3.1-43365) is released and it supports Ubuntu 18.04. Use this direct link to download and install the latest build.

7. BrianB4

BrianB4 Bit poster

8. Svejo

Svejo Junior Member

Now I get it. Thanks