Upgraded to v14 Home, now experiencing buggy shared folder permissions

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by MikeK1, Sep 8, 2018.

1. MikeK1

MikeK1 Bit poster

I have Xubuntu Linux 18.04 installed as a guest OS, and am now experiencing the following problems after upgrading to Parallels 14:

When copying files, particularly large ones from the guest OS to the host's folder, the file will copy so many megabytes before stating:
    'Error writing to file. Invalid argument. Do you want to skip it?'. If I select 'retry', and 'replace', it will successfully complete.

Sometimes I will get the error: 'Error splicing file. Cannot allocate memory'

Torrent-like applications give me 'invalid argument' after starting and downloading for a while.

I can create small files and folders on the shared folder without a problem.

However, when copying the same files from the host OS to the guest, I have no problems.

More details:
    MacOS 10.13.6 is the host
    Xubuntu Linux 18.04
    The shared folder is a SDXC card formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), nothing special in way of permissions.
    Test file is about 1gb in size, though I also have problems with files as small as 250mb.

Never had any problems with the same setup and configuration under Parallels 13.

Please advise.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    miamamaC likes this.
  2. MikeK1

MikeK1 Bit poster

Since I haven't heard back on this, I'm going to have to downgrade back to version 13 until this is addressed.

Thanks.