Access not working with Mojave?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by joerusz, Sep 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. joerusz

joerusz Junior Member

I have two computers (one desktop, one laptop) that I upgraded to Mac OS Mojave. I can connect to either machine using Parallels Access and see the display, but neither mouse nor keyboard are functional. Please help!

Joe

2. Michael@Parallels

Michael@Parallels Parallels Support

Best Answer
    Hey guys. Please, double check that it's called exactly "Parallels Access Agent" (not just Parallels Access) and that it's enabled (there's a tick to the left).
    If it's really so, click on it, and then on the minus button [-] to remove. Once done, add Parallels Access back:
    1. Restart Mac first
    2. Open Applications in Finder
    3. Right-click on "Parallels Access.app" item
    4. Select "Show Package Contents"
    5. Navigate to Contents > MacOS
    6. Drag'n'drop "Parallels Access Agent.app" to the apps list in the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility page.
    7. Make sure that "Parallels Access Agent" item appeared in the list with a mark in the checkbox.

If still no luck, please do the following
    1. Enable detailed logging in Parallels Access on host (Parallels Access > Settings > Use detailed log messages)
    2. Quit Parallels Access (right-click on Parallels Access icon in system menu bar > Quit Parallels Access)
    3. Launch Parallels Access.app from /Applications
    4. Generate Technical Data Report and post here the report ID

SamM11, ArshadA and Alex Patsay like this.
  3. RobK3

RobK3 Bit poster

Same here

4. joerusz

joerusz Junior Member

I tried completely uninstalling the parallels agent on both machines and re-installing. Made no difference.

5. NOTaMango

NOTaMango Bit poster

I'm having the same issue.

6. Danil@Parallels

Danil@Parallels Staff Member

Hi all! Can you please check if "Parallels Access Agent" is present and enabled in the list of apps on the "Accessibility" page (Apple > "System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Accessibility")? And update this thread with your results. Cheers, Danil

7. joerusz

joerusz Junior Member

Both laptop and desktop have this enabled.

Joe

8. TracyH1

TracyH1 Bit poster

Exact same issue here. Tried using the Parallels Access removal tool and reinstalled access, but nothing works.
    I verified that Parallels access is listed under accessibility in secirty & privacy in settings.
    Seems like a bug to me.....

9. CarlosG8

CarlosG8 Bit poster

Same here. I've tried connecting for multiple devices and nothing after Mojave update. Older IMac not running Mojave's works fine

10. Ignacio2

Ignacio2 Bit poster

Same here , keyboard and mouse not work

11. Michael@Parallels

Best Answer
    Hey guys. Please, double check that it's called exactly "Parallels Access Agent" (not just Parallels Access) and that it's enabled (there's a tick to the left).
    If it's really so, click on it, and then on the minus button [-] to remove. Once done, add Parallels Access back:
    1. Restart Mac first
    2. Open Applications in Finder
    3. Right-click on "Parallels Access.app" item
    4. Select "Show Package Contents"
    5. Navigate to Contents > MacOS
    6. Drag'n'drop "Parallels Access Agent.app" to the apps list in the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility page.
    7. Make sure that "Parallels Access Agent" item appeared in the list with a mark in the checkbox.

If still no luck, please do the following
    1. Enable detailed logging in Parallels Access on host (Parallels Access > Settings > Use detailed log messages)
    2. Quit Parallels Access (right-click on Parallels Access icon in system menu bar > Quit Parallels Access)
    3. Launch Parallels Access.app from /Applications
    4. Generate Technical Data Report and post here the report ID

SamM11, ArshadA and Alex Patsay like this.
  12. joerusz

joerusz Junior Member

I followed the drag and drop process, although it was there and checked already.
    Here is the report ID: 277996861

Joe

13. CarlosG8

CarlosG8 Bit poster

I checked and it is Parallels Access Agent that is enabled. I then went and unchecked it, waiting 5 seconds, and selecting it again. Then Voila! Everything was working again. I hope this helps.

14. Ignacio2

Ignacio2 Bit poster

Thank you very much, this solution worked perfectly for me

15. joerusz

joerusz Junior Member

After restarting, this is now working on my laptop. i put the desktop back to High Sierra as I needed on machine to work. Ill try that when I get a chance to upgrade again to Mojave.

joe

16. Danil@Parallels

Danil@Parallels Staff Member

17. TomM17

TomM17 Bit poster

Unfortunately, following all of the steps has not fixed it for me. Report ID 279567496.

18. Michael@Parallels

Hi Tom, did you restart your Mac after removing Parallels Access Agent from Accessibility options and before adding it back again? If not, try to.

19. TomM17

TomM17 Bit poster

Restarting it one more time seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  20. DavidF26

DavidF26 Bit poster

I've followed all these steps and I cannot get Access to work. I can login in from iphone or ipad but will not load the screen image. Access worked prior to upgrade to Mojave 10.14.2

21. wingdo

wingdo Pro

I had given up on Parallels Access and Mojave, so I bought Luna Display. Oddly, once Luna Display installed the system extension to allow Retina resolution to go to the iPad, Parallels Access started working. While I would hope this would lead Parallels Access developers to find the solution, I suspect this is asking too much from them.