I am back on parallels having wifi issue

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by orman21, Nov 8, 2018.

1. orman21

orman21 Member

i installed the live cd but the ip is 10.211.x.x.x.x

Not getting ip from my router so i cant connect to the box within the network

Please help

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @orman21 , please go to Parallels icon > Devices > Network > Set it to Bridge (Default Adapter) and check if that works.

orman21 likes this.
  3. orman21

orman21 Member

Yes thanks a lot, that worked

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello orman21, You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

5. mickb1

mickb1 Bit poster

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @mickb1 , please elaborate your issue a little more.

7. mickb1

mickb1 Bit poster

Yes of coarse when I so my install I am copying my window from a pc laptop, I get the pvm file all fine but when I open windows and go to device manager I see a lot of drivers missing, multimedia, Ethernet, graphics driver, and some pci also, have windows tools but I can't seem to find the appropriate drivers needed

8. Please start the virtual machine. Select Actions (from the Mac menu bar) -> Reinstall Parallels Tools and make sure that the tools are installed successfully without any errors. Then restart the virtual machine and check if it works fine.

9. mickb1

mickb1 Bit poster

Oops sorry I pressed the wrong tab, meant to reply not report apologies Dr that, I will try what you say and let you know how we get on,many thanks

10. mickb1

mickb1 Bit poster

for some reason i cant even seem to install the parellels tools programme, very strange

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know the error you are getting when you try to install Parallels Tools. If you have any antivirus, uninstall it then try to install Parallels Tools.

12. mickb1

mickb1 Bit poster

thanks you, i am just trying now a fresh install, i deleted the pvm file and also the macloader folder and created fresh version so will see if this will make any difference in the instalation

13. mickb1

mickb1 Bit poster

very happy to report back that after deleting the pvm file and the mac loader folder on my external drive, making a new copy has solved the issue perfectly now,
    all is running as it should and running perfect and solid, if anyone else ever has the same issue it seems that this is the best solution, maybe something had been corrupted in my original migration files, many thanks for all your help in resolving the issue, what a superb programme parellels is, 10 out of 10 from me

14. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.