Parallels 14.1.0 - screen saver

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by fragiles, Jan 10, 2019.

1. fragiles

fragiles Bit poster

I have recently upgraded to 14.1.0, now my iMac's screen saver does not work. If a background event awakens the iMac in the middle of the night (eg time machine), the screen stays on without a screen saver for hours. In an earlier version of Parallels there used to be a setting to coordinate screen savers between Windows & Mac OS. I cannot find such a setting in this new version.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @fragiles , please let us know the version of Parallels Desktop you are using.

3. fragiles

fragiles Bit poster

Attached Files:

4. Hi, and did you try to quit or maybe force quit Parallels Desktop process, and then test the same behavior of your Mac's screen saver?

5. fragiles

fragiles Bit poster

Shutting Windows down then exiting Parallels, the screen saver works according to the settings in the Mac's System Preferences. This suggests that Parallels is the issue. I upgraded to the newest version at some expense because I was encountering a problem with the Apple mouse continually crashing Excel. That problem seems to be resolved, but now there's the screen saver issue.

6. Ok, @fragiles I got you.
    So now we need a bit more info. Which mode you use for the Parallels Desktop VM? Coherence, full screen or window mode?
    And as a workaround please use these steps: 'Allow apps to auto-switch to full screen' in VM config - Options - Applications.
    Let us know the results.

7. fragiles

fragiles Bit poster

Coherence mode. Tried the workaround but the screensaver still won't activate.

8. Ok, got it. Please submit a problem report right after the issue reproduced and reply us back with the report number.
    Please check this KB article for the report creation.