Access not working with Mojave?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by joerusz, Sep 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TiagoV1

TiagoV1 Bit poster

Hi I have IOS10.14.2 I followed your instructions Parallels Access but still won't work

2. Hi, which version of Parallels Access you're using? and maybe you got some error message during Parallels Access launch?

3. RajneshD

RajneshD Bit poster

Hello Michael,
    I see that I can add "Parallels Access" but I don't have anything called "Parallels Access Agent" on my Macbook Pro (late 2016) running Mojave.
    How/ where do I find "Parallels Access Agent" ?

I have Parallels 13 installed, and I get the same error (I've attached a Screen grab):
    Unable to connect Hard Disk 1.
    A file or device required for the operation of Hard Disk 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permission to access it... etc.

Thanks in advance,
    Rajnesh

Attached Files:

4. GrahamD1

GrahamD1 Bit poster

I've seen the issue with no connection a few times now. Most recently, just now.

To fix I simply:
    1 - Open Parallels Access settings panel
    2 - Top left, you'll see your current user ID for Parallels Access. click on it for the pop-up menu
    3 - Select "Sign Out"
    4 - Now confirm your Parallels account ID and enter your password again and "Sign In"
    5 - You should now once again be accessible.

5. KamelK1

KamelK1 Bit poster

I had given up on Parallels Access and Mojave, so I bought Luna Display. Oddly, once Luna Display installed the system extension to allow Retina resolution to go to the iPad, Parallels Access started working. While I would hope this would lead Parallels Access developers to find the solution, I suspect this is asking too much from them.

6. DavidS66

DavidS66 Bit poster

Thanks for sharing! I had this issue everybody in the thread was having, but I followed the instructions and it all played off.

7. DavidS66

DavidS66 Bit poster

Thanks for the solution, it worked for me!

8. RuudG

RuudG Bit poster

Michael:

9. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

I tried completely uninstalling the parallels agent on both machines and re-installing. Made no difference.

10. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

I tried completely uninstalling the parallels agent on both machines and re-installing. Made no difference.

11. PaulB34

PaulB34 Bit poster

Thanks for the info and answers. She was very helpful to me.

12. ArshadA

ArshadA Bit poster

Thanks this solved my problem

13. HalcoU

HalcoU Bit poster

Same here, I tries everything but nothing worked o_O

14. AmitK8

AmitK8 Bit poster

Hi, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling on your Machine/s. I hope it will work because it worked for me.