Issues with Parallels and Mac Os Mojave (version 14)

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by OscarL, Feb 19, 2019.

1. OscarL

OscarL Bit poster

Hi,
    I currently have some issues with my Mac and Parallels.

The issue is when I want to open Parallels there's just a spinning pinwheel that just keeps spinning.
    Sometimes I get through and can start Windows 8.1. I've tried a lot of times and the times when Parallels / Windows actually starts it just hangs or my Mac gets so slow that I have to do a hard-restart from the On/Off-switch.

I got Parallels to work 2 times and at those times I've tried to "Free memory" from Parallels Toolbox but without any further progress.
    I need Windows to work since I work with e identification that only works with Windows.

2. OscarL

OscarL Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    I have tried the proposed in the article.
    It seems like I'm able to move somewhat forward after the fix, but not entirel as expected.
    Just getting this screen and it keeps on loading for about 30-60 minutes before I have to do a hard-restart .
    paralells_windows_81.png

Any further ideas?

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello OscarL, Kindly start the virtual machine and go to the top menu bar, click on Actions--> Take snapshot. once the snapshot is done then again click on Actions--> Reset and then check with the Windows virtual machine.

4. OscarL

OscarL Bit poster

Hi, I've tried with your suggested solution.
    It took about 3-4 hours to perform a snapshot, when it was finished I couldn't choose reset.

The option for reset was just "marked as grey".

Any other ideas?

Attached Files: