RAS mac client - Drag n Drop

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by etude, Feb 19, 2019.

1. etude

etude Bit poster

Hello,
    i didn't find an answer to this queston on the forum, redirect me if i'm wrong.
    In the release notes of the parallels ras client for mac, we can read :
    "Improved: Drag & Drop of local files to remote applications."

I tested with 10.13.6 (on two machine), i'm not able to drag content to the application.
    To reproduce :
    1. Launch client with the rasdemo.parallelsras.net
    2. Open wordpad and drag a file
    3. on windows, works fine
    4. on osx, no way to make it work

I didn't find any parameter in the client app to allow that - as this is the demo server, if it works on windows, it should work on mac, i guess (if really supported).

Thank you for any help !
    Cheers, Olivier

2. Hi Olivier, are you using the latest version of Parallels Mac client, 16.5.2?

3. etude

etude Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    Yes, version 16.5.2 build 20585.
    When i drag a picture over wordpad, it commes to front, but isn't a drop target. Dropping as simply no effect.

Thanks,
    Olivier

4. etude

etude Bit poster

One more test with another machine, running older version 10.11.6.
    Unable to drag n drop a picture in any application.
    Should i configure something special in the client ?
    Drag n drop is the last point blocking us to deploy...

Thanks,
    Olivier

5. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

Etude, please try with enabled drive redirection on a client side. Redirect folder containing the file or a parent of that. For example "Home"

6. etude

etude Bit poster

Hi EugeneK3,
    Thank you. It works with wordpad / word now !
    We did it with desktop, how does it work ? Did the clipboard copy file on the share folder or can we only drag n drop file that are in the shared folder ?

Thanks,
    Olivier

7. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

A remote application needs to have access to the file and we instruct it to get the file from the redirected folder (redirected drive).

8. etude

etude Bit poster

Thanks Eugene for the explenation.
    Last problem, under windows or mac, when i drag a file from the server using a shared folder, the drop target is the RDS server desktop session.
    For example, if i drag a file to drop it on my own desktop, it is dropped on the desktop of my remote session. I can see it clearly as the background is different.
    We also tryied with applications, setting them to be provided by the RDS server or not, it's the same. (2016)

I said we, because a trouble ticket was openend (#2602576).
    But as it should work for other installations, maybe there's a solution / configuration other experimented users know.