Open Control Center when Parallels Icon is clicked in dock

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by MichaelG24, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MichaelG24

MichaelG24 Bit poster

Some versions ago Parallels opened - as expected - the control center, when the Parallels icon was clicked. The current versions doesn't. I first thought it was an annoying bug to be resolved, but it stayed. Now you have to right click on the icon and do a second click on control center to see it. I don't see any advantage of removing this former intuitive behavior ...
    Expected: Click on Parallels icon opens VM overview.

tonza, AlexanderM26, JayM12 and 24 others like this.
  2. BillE3

BillE3 Bit poster

Totally agree. There's already ANOTHER icon for Windows or Linux, and I can click on that when I want the virtual machine. But when I want the control center, and click on the control center, I expect the control center to open. Current behaviour is simply broken and wrong.

3. BenjaminD4

BenjaminD4 Bit poster

Completely agree! I don't understand why the dock icon for Parallels would even be there. It doesn't do anything. And yet the thing that we need to do (that I'd expect would happen) is to show the Control Center.

Maybe this could be added as an option to Parallels?

4. Swerdna

Swerdna Bit poster

Chiming in, in the hope someone is listening. Definitely a step back...

5. AlexanderM6

AlexanderM6 Bit poster

Totally agree. As "option" will be very helpful.

6. BillE3

BillE3 Bit poster

Here we are, over a year since the bug was reported, and there is yet no indication on when this will be fixed.

C'mon, Parallels, this bug is stupid, annoying, and trivial to fix. Clicking on the control panel should open ... the control panel.

7. JohnG24

JohnG24 Bit poster

Please add this feature. When I open the app, it has no idea what I intend to do, so it shouldn't guess by opening a Virtual Machine window. Instead, have it open the control panel and from there I tell it what I want it to do ( open a Virtual Machine, create a new Virtual Machine, etc. )

8. AndreL1

AndreL1 Member

Bumping this thread.

9. TyroneA

TyroneA Bit poster

Still nothing? I agree, I consider this a defect but maybe PD thinks otherwise.

10. WesM2

WesM2 Bit poster

I agree adding my vote

11. SkylerT

SkylerT Bit poster

Chiming in... I totally agree. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to add a second vm. I have no idea why you would want both the vm icon and the parallels icon to both do the same thing. For those of us who need multiple vms, this is a pain point.

12. LaurentiuM

LaurentiuM Bit poster

13. BerndE5

BerndE5 Bit poster

Please implement this. Make it an option, if you have a strong opinion about why we need two icons doing the same when clicking them.
    And while i am at it: make your System Symbol configurable to black-white, so it fits into the general macOS color scheme.
    Thanks

14. KaelR

KaelR Bit poster

Totally agree. There's already a separate icon for my VM, and I can click on that when I want the virtual machine. But when I click on the Parallels icon, I expect the control center to open.

15. DavidW72

DavidW72 Junior Member

Parallels Desktop option lets you use both Windows and Mac applications simultaneously, without opening two separate desktop windows. In other words, you can load Windows apps straight from your Dock.
    Unfortunately, Coherence Mode may not always work as intended. Sometimes, the option is grayed out and you can't enable it, or it reverts to normal mode after a few seconds.
    To sum up, if you can't enable Coherence mode in Parallels Desktop, update the program and exit Full-Screen mode. Then restart the Parallels Coherence service. If the issue persists, uninstall your display adapter driver, and reinstall Parallels Tools. If you're using a multi-monitor setup, use all the displays in full-screen mode, and then enable Coherence mode on your virtual machine omegleazarshagle.

AhmedS15 likes this.
  16. EduardoB6

EduardoB6 Bit poster

17. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @EduardoB6, Please right click on Parallels icon > click on Control Centre to open Parallels Version.

18. TuqueroIM

TuqueroIM Bit poster

Completely agree! I don't understand why the dock icon for Parallels would even be there. It doesn't do anything. And yet the thing that we need to do (that I'd expect would happen) is to show the Control Center.

AhmedS15 likes this.
  19. PeppyniteO

PeppyniteO Bit poster

I agree! On my PC all icons are in parallel. how can I update my version?

20. AnthonyN4

AnthonyN4 Bit poster

Yes! Yes! No more running 2 VM's just to stop Windows 11 loading in full screen all the time! Yyeessssssssssssss