Flickering mouse cursor while in SDL Trados Studio

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by rchomskis, Apr 24, 2019.

1. rchomskis

rchomskis Junior Member

My guest OS is Win10 Pro (latest updates) on my mid-2018 MBP with latest MacOS Mojave version. I use version 14.1.3 (45485) of Parallels Desktop.

I use Win10Pro with Parallels Desktop mainly for one application - SDL Trados Studio. But I keep running into one very annoying issue - mouse cursor is flickering while working with this one application only. The cursor behaves normally in other Windows 10 apps. Here's a video of my issue in question:

I tried the different mouse settings in Win10 VM hardware configurator - no luck, the cursor keeps flickering. Google was of no use either with this my specific issue. Can anyone help me with this issue? I can even privately send a download link to SDL Trados Studio app for you to try to replicate the issue.

2. Hi, did you try to change mouse settings in VM configuration-> Hardware -> mouse and keyboard -> auto detect for games?
    (If not, please try to choose auto detect for games and then optimize for games)

3. rchomskis

rchomskis Junior Member

yes, as I already mentioned, "I tried the different mouse settings in Win10 VM hardware configurator - no luck, the cursor keeps flickering". :(

4. Could you please generate the problem report right after the issue reproduce?
    Then please add the following boot flag in V configuration -> Hardware -> boot order -> advanced
    devices.hid.log.keyboard=1
    and then once again reproduce the issue and generate report right after that.

5. rchomskis

rchomskis Junior Member

done!

6. Ok, and did you get the reports ID? Could you please share it with us.

7. rchomskis

rchomskis Junior Member

Here are the IDs: Before the flagging: 311346635; after the flagging: 311347135.

BTW, should I now remove flag "devices.hid.log.keyboard=1"?

8. Thank you for the provided info, yes, you can remove flag.

9. ElodieC1

ElodieC1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have exactly the same problem (flickering mouse in Trados Studio + can't use "translate a single document" function). Do you have any solution to that ?