Need to move license for parallels desktop 10 to new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ppobozy, Aug 7, 2017.

1. GalinaS

GalinaS Bit poster

Hello, I'm also looking to move Parallels 10 to a new Mac Laptop. There is no option to deactivate the license on the old laptop, Terminal commands to deactivate it also aren't responding, and there is no option on the new machine to remove the old one and activate the new one.

2. drewb1

drewb1 Bit poster

Trying to move to new machine and don't have access to old one. When I try "prlsrvctl activate-license-online" then I get "
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

3. Hi, your key has been reset, please check the activation issue.

4. Hi, we've made necessary changes with your key, please try to activate it again and let us know how it works.

5. drewb1

drewb1 Bit poster

That worked. Thanks!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. KennyT

KennyT Bit poster

Hi - I got a new computer and need to reset my key. Can you help with that so I can activate it on a different computer?

Thanks

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your Parallels Desktop 13 key. You can try to reactivate now.

8. KennyT

KennyT Bit poster

Having issues using the key. I tried quitting parallels and entering it in, also tried typing the command into terminal. Any ideas?

Also, I have a key for parallels 13, and the "trial" that I'm trying to enter it into is version 14. Do I need to delete parallels and only install 13 then enter my key?

9. KennyT

KennyT Bit poster

Nvm got it thx.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  10. Blake2

Blake2 Bit poster

Same, moved parallels 10 to a new Mac but can't find a way to deactivate the old key to activate on my new mac.
    Thanks

11. Hi, your key has been reset, please check the issue.

12. Blake2

Blake2 Bit poster

Hello Maria,

I am getting the same error telling me I have reached the maximum activations. I had removed Parallels from the old machine prior.

Thanks

13. Please check your inbox

14. Natthapon

Natthapon Bit poster

Hi, I try to move parallel 10 to new mac. It was no sign out function in the old one. I already deleted the parallel 10 in my old mac and empty the trash. But the new one still alert maximum number of activations. Please help.

15. Abishek

Abishek Member

Hello @Natthapon We have sent you a Private Message please check your inbox and respond us back to check and assist you further.

16. Natthapon

Natthapon Bit poster

Already replied.

17. SaravananR@Parallels

SaravananR@Parallels Member

We have made the necessary changes. Please try activating it now that will work. If the issue persists, please follow the below steps to activate your Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac:

1) Open Terminal (Finder --> Applications --> Utilities --> Terminal.app)

2) Execute the command:

prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3) Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.

18. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

We are unable to find any license under the current email. Please provide us the license key or email in a private message to check.
    We are unable to find any license under the current email. Please provide us the license key or email in a private message to check.

19. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

How do get PD 10 running on my new laptop. When I enter the activation key on the new laptop it says it is already used on another computer. The original computer is now dead.

20. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

How do get PD 10 running on my new laptop. When I enter the activation key on the new laptop it says it is already used on another computer. The original computer is now dead.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2019