Build 5160 Installation fails in latest Leopard seed

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by batbug, Oct 6, 2007.

1. batbug

batbug Bit poster

Both clean install and upgrade fails. What can I do?

2. biglar

biglar Pro

3. batbug

batbug Bit poster

Unfortunately not helping.

[​IMG]

4. biglar

biglar Pro

5. batbug

batbug Bit poster

Yes and it didn't help.
    This is all that is written into logs:
    system.log: Oct 7 09:17:45 Macintosh kernel[0]: Finder[405] Unable to clear quarantine `Install Parallels Desktop.pkg': 30

The leopard(build 9A559) installation is upgrade over working 10.4.10 installation. It is from latest ADC seed image and updated with software update to latest seed. And it is genuine ADC image as I'm ADC Select member.

6. fbronner

fbronner Pro

If you still have 5160 installed in a 10.4.10 partition. I made a copy of my 10.4 to an external disk, then I upgraded my original 10.4 to 10.5 with parallel 5160 installed. Then I had to reinstall parallel on 10.5. And finally copied back the /Library/Parallel from my 10.4 copy to my leopard partition, then everything worked fine.

7. batbug

batbug Bit poster

I got it installed by installing Leopard on empty harddrive and installing parallels on that. works fine on my new MBP with 4gigs of ram.

8. Rich White

Rich White Member

I got the same error after trying to do a clean install after upgrading to Leopard (build 9A559) . Finally had to delete the "Install Parallels Desktop.pkg" file out of the receipts folder and then everything went fine.