Access Window Popping Up Intermitently

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by SheldonD, Sep 28, 2019.

1. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

Greetings, not sure if it me or the application. While working on my Mac, and the Access application shows "accessible" in the top tool bar, the Access main window intermittently pops up on my desktop (for no reason that I ask). This behavior is sporadic. The only bullet points I have checked in settings are: Log on automatically with my Parallels account and Start Parallels when I log on to Access. Any ideas? Don't remember application doing this before update.
    I have no issues signing in to Access using ipad or iphone app.

Running Parallels 15.0 and Access 5.1.0 on Mac with High Sierra 10.13.6

2. Hi, could you please provide us with the screenshot of the "accessible" message?

3. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

Greetings, I have attached a .png screenshot for all to view. Support is also looking into it too. Thought we had it solved but the issue came back. Weird, we saw that the Access application had duplicated itself when we look at the activity monitor. Deleted and re-installed application thinking it would help. Look forward too any help or advice the forum has! Thanks, Sheldon

Attached Files:

4. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

I log on to Access. Any ideas? Don't remember application doing this before update.
    I have no issues signing in to Access using ipad or iphone app.

5. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

Greetings, I have attached a .png screenshot for all to view. Support is also looking into it too. Thought we had it solved but the issue came back. Weird, we saw that the Access applicatio Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox had duplicated itself when we look at the activity monitor. Deleted and re-installed application thinking it would help. Look forward too any help or advice the forum has! Thanks, Sheldon

6. GrizzlyAdams

GrizzlyAdams Member

Just to report I am having the same issue with the Access window popping up in Catalina, only it is not intermittent but every 1 or 2 minutes. It is very disruptive and I hope you are able to resolve this soon. Thank you.

[​IMG]

marks46 and SimonW9 like this.
  7. matrix42

matrix42 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue, it starts periodically and appears to not have "accessibly" permission but after a few seconds it resolves. I have verified that Parallels Access Agent does have that permission it always did, I have even added Parallels Access itself to that permission but that did not help.
    It just seems that every little bit Parallels Access wakes up, and thinks it does not have that permission and once its head has cleared realizes that it does

8. rbem84

rbem84 Bit poster

I'm having the exact same issue on MacOS 10.15 with Parallels Access version 5.1.0. As matrix42 described, the Parallels Access screen periodically pops up and appears to be looking for the Accessibility permission. After a second or two, it shows "Permission granted" again. Parallels Access Agent already has Accessibility permission on my system and I also added permission for Parallels Access itself.

9. matrix42

matrix42 Bit poster

Well I applied the Catalina supplemental updated that was released today and so far several hours later the issue has not resurfaced. Fingers crossed.

10. Argelian

Argelian Member

I've been experiencing the same issue. Mine says that "full disk access" needs permission but in the settings it has.

marks46 likes this.
  11. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

For fellow forum viewers, The issue that we have have been experiencing has been "escalated to the development team" as they need to investigate at a "code level" and right now there is no ETA fo a fix or work-around. That's at least what my e-mail stated on 10/7. They said that once they have an update they will contact. I thought I had a fix but I went as far as to delete all backups of the access.dmg file in my time capsule....no help, problem came back after 2 days.

12. matrix42

matrix42 Bit poster

It's been a day since I applied the Catalina supplemental update and the issue has not returned - will update if that changes

13. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

Thank you support! I installed the recent update and it seems to have resolved the issue for me. Its been a week now and no pop ups of Access.

14. warisw

warisw Bit poster

Finally got the solution for my page to solve the solution.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2020
  15. AmaniaT

AmaniaT Bit poster

Support is also looking into it too. Thought we had it solved but the issue came back. Weird, we saw that the Access application had duplicated itself when we look at the activity monitor. Deleted and re-installed application thinking it would help. Look forward too any help or advice the forum has! Thanks, Sheldon

NabeelI1 likes this.
  16. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

We have released 5.6 update yesterday, please update the Agent (if it didn't perform the update automatically yet) and see if it resolves the issue

17. Binaym

Binaym Bit poster

I'm having the same issue, it starts periodically and appears to not have permission but after a few seconds it resolves. I have verified that Parallels Access for Agent does have that permission it always did, I have even added Parallels Access itself into permission but that did not help.
    It just seems that every little bit Parallels Access wakes up, and thinks it does not have that permission and once its head has cleared realizes that it does

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2020
  18. Binaym

Binaym Bit poster

For fellow forum viewers, The issue for that we have have been experiencing has been "escalated to the development team" as they need to investigate at a "code level" and right now there is no ETA fo a fix or work-around.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2020
  19. marks46

marks46 Bit poster

Welcome. Backing is additionally investigating it as well. Thought we had it tackled however the issue returned. Peculiar, we saw that the Access application had copied itself when we take a gander at the action screen. Erased and re-introduced application figuring it would help. Look forward too any assistance or exhortation the gathering has! Much obliged, Sheldon

20. KhalidK

KhalidK Bit poster

Thank you fr solving the issue, now its working fine :)
    regards

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2020
    Maria@Parallels likes this.