Network Initialization Failed

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by StephenB13, Oct 6, 2018.

1. PeterH44

PeterH44 Bit poster

Sorry for the previous reply. IT WORKS! (wrong copy/paste)
    sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app worked for me
    Thanks!

2. RomainP1

RomainP1 Bit poster

3. ZeroCoolSpain

ZeroCoolSpain Junior Member

The command is correct, perhaps you can change something in the path depending on the version of parallels or the spaces that mac leaves.

I have had to create the VM again because sometimes it started parallels but not the VM.

I add screenshot

Attached Files:

4. ZeroCoolSpain

The -b flag to sudo: To run Parallels as a background app, which means it won't close when you close the terminal window.
    It's optional

5. ZeroCoolSpain

:)

6. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, the Big Sur is still in beta stage. Some things are constantly changes and issues are appearing and getting fixed.

For your issue please do the next (as a workaround):
    execute in Terminal this two commands
    prlsrvctl net set Shared --dhcp6-server off
    prlsrvctl net set Host-Only --dhcp6-server off

and restart the Parallels Desktop

7. RomainP1

RomainP1 Bit poster

@ZeroCoolSpain Still doesn't work after the command and re created the VM

8. ZeroCoolSpain

Don't work for me

9. ZeroCoolSpain

Maybe it depends on the version of paralells. It works for me with Version 16.0.1 (48919)

10. EgieD

EgieD Bit poster

I have the same version and it's not working for me

11. ZeroCoolSpain

Do you get an error?

12. EgieD

EgieD Bit poster

None besides the ""Failed Network Initialization" error

13. Hello guys,
    please try the following workaround:
    1. Shut down the virtual machine and quit Parallels Desktop.
    2. Open Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal), copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
      sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist && sudo killall -9 configd
    3. Then prompted, enter your Mac's password and press Enter (Terminal doesn't show the password as you type).
    4. Restart the Mac.

14. PeterH44

PeterH44 Bit poster

Maria, that's the same instruction as you gave in post #57. Doesn't work for me.

15. EgieD

EgieD Bit poster

Like PeterH44, we already tried these instructions and it doesn't work. In the meantime I have updated Big Sur to Beta9 and I'm still experiencing the same network issue

16. Blondey

Blondey Bit poster

I upgraded to BigSur Beta 9 and now this command works for me too!
    sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist && sudo killall -9 configd

Thank you very much!!!

17. Cehem

Cehem Bit poster

Hi there ☺️
    Same problem here... macOS Big Sur Beta 9 & Parallels desktop 16.0.1... everything works fine EXCEPT the network. "Network initialization failed" ...
    I have tried EVERYTHING in this thread ...
    - Execution as root: I have the network, sure ... but everything else no longer works ... No more display in coherence mode, no more synchronization of files with my mac ...
    - "sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist && sudo killall -9 configd" has no effect
    - Reset network preferences to default in Parallels Desktop has no effect too...

It's a shame, because apart from that it really works perfectly ... It looks like a simple rights issue but how to fix it ... it would be cool to have a solution, even if it's a bit archaic at the moment ^^

18. MatteoD3

MatteoD3 Bit poster

How i can remove the installation of Windows installed after run with the command sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app? I had removed Parallels before than removing Windows

19. Hello, would you like to remove your Windows pvm file?

20. Blondey

Blondey Bit poster

The network is down again! It worked for 1-2 days, now it doesn't work again!
    Now it doesn't help to use the "sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist && sudo killall -9 configd" command!
    This is very bossuanto!