Update linux parallels tools with aarch64 support

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by QuintonC1, Dec 29, 2020.

1. QuintonC1

QuintonC1 Bit poster

With the new Parallels in beta, you can install Ubuntu Server and Kubuntu (using apt-get) and it runs in the beta.
    Trying to install the Parallels tools give the error: arhitecture aarch64 is not supported.
    Supported this architecture for using linux on Apple silicon would be nice.

NickB18, CraigH16 and NunoP1 like this.
  2. NunoP1

NunoP1 Bit poster

I had this issue as well. Is there any timeframe expected for this? Can we build from source from somewhere? Thanks!

3. IngoF1

IngoF1 Bit poster

I had the same issue - after installing ubuntu (ARM-Virtual-Machine 5.8.0-25-generic #26-ubuntu SMP aarch64) unmounted the CD - mount again- error: Arhitecture aarch64 is not supported - Thank you - kind regards - (Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac build 50393)

4. JimP6

JimP6 Bit poster

Per Parallels support the Tools M1 are in dev but no date yet. I want to use an Ubuntu box with Vagrant and the box needs the tools. Support wanted to know my setup, workflow, and such so I sent them that today along with my Vagrantfile. Hope this speeds up development.

5. ZacharyH6

ZacharyH6 Bit poster

@JimP6 I am running into the same issue with vagrant and the sync folders. Did parallels get back to you yet?

6. JimP6

JimP6 Bit poster

They recently sent our a survey and I told them about the Tools problem. No response yet.

7. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hey guy, sorry for the late reply, but this feature was added in April with the release of Parallels Desktop 16.5.