Apps not starting / Desktop black screen

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by ClemensR3, Feb 23, 2021.

1. ClemensR3

ClemensR3 Bit poster

I´m currently having problems with a single client. The rest of the clients in the same network are working properly.

The client can connect to terminal server, but as soon as an app is opened nothing happens. When I try to open the desktop a black screen with a white mouse pointer shows up. Reinstalling didnt help.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

2. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

3. ClemensR3

ClemensR3 Bit poster

It is the mac client. There is no red screen involved. I can connect to the instance but as soon as I start an app or desktop nothing happens/black screen on windows desktop

4. BenjaminW5

BenjaminW5 Bit poster

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm having the exact same issue on all of our Mac OS devices with Parallels Client 18.0.1 (Build 22496) and the prior version (?) Build 22344 on Mac OS 10.15.7 and Big Sur. We're having the affected users use the HTML 5 client for now. Server side we're running 18.0 (build 22497) and there have been no other changes I'm aware of. In my own testing, I reverted back to the last 17.x client 17.1.2 (Build 21868) and it loads just fine, but if I upgrade to any 18 client I have downloaded it doesn't work. To further explain, if I click on an application to run it says connecting, then disappears. If I hit Control+Up it shows all the apps and the Remote Application is a blank square. Server side the audit log shows nothing and the log file show the connection attempt from the client, but no connection.

5. TeppoT

TeppoT Bit poster

One of our Mac users showed me the same phenomenon.
    Only on one Mac.
    Apps start but no screen.
    It shows on the client's View-menu, but not on the displays.
    User has MacBookPro (2019) with Thunderbolt hub, that has HDMI and Thunderbolt monitors connected.
    If we remove the HDMI-monitor from the Mac, the app screen pops up.
    If we reconnect the HDMI-monitor, the app screen disappears.
    We can see the screen is alive, when looking the Dock.
    There is an icon on the Dock, but if we click it, it "slides" to the HDMI-monitor direction and vanishes.
    Still on the client View-menu, the app screen is alive.

The Client was working fine last week but now it started to crumble.