Menubar icon to be black

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by BonBowman, Oct 9, 2016.

1. dzeroz

dzeroz Bit poster

Definitely! I agree with my previous speakers. Luckily I was able to remove the red lines from the dock, but your RED logo in the menu bar is so dramatic that I just had to hide it. Is that what this is about? User comfort at the expense of branding? Give your users a choice :) We pay for a great service, but we would also like to receive visual comfort. Why can developers of other applications do this and the Parallels team can't?

All the best! :)

2. dzeroz

dzeroz Bit poster

*I would like to make a reservation that it was important to me because the removal of your branding from the icons in the dock finally allowed me to return to Parallels. This is awful. I know - strange, but for some it's very important.

The same applies to your other applications, such as Parallels Access. Give the possibility of choosing a monochrome variant. Please!

3. Hagbard1

Hagbard1 Bit poster

Hi MarcinS1,
    I tried your method - and came quite far - but in the end the logo in the menu bar was blank white. Obviously I made some mistake underway. Could you send me your selfmade Assets.car-file? Thanks and best. Hagbard

4. judas_s

judas_s Junior Member

+1 here. the branding argument is just arrogant, IMO.

5. AlexAlexAlex

AlexAlexAlex Junior Member

Agreed. The screaming RED logo in the menubar is just annoying.

6. RichardK18

RichardK18 Bit poster

I have disabled parallels toolbox because of this issue.
    I have 16 items in my menu bar, Parallels toolbox is the only one that doesn't have a b&w option.

7. caass

caass Bit poster

+1 Parallels is the only item in my menu bar that doesn't have a b&w option. I feel like if MarcinS1 was able to patch it pretty easily then surely it wouldn't cost a lot of development time to add an option for a B&W option.

8. lrodrigopb

lrodrigopb Bit poster

It would be nice for the taskbar icon to match the new Big Sur Style in white. Also, the Parallels Toolbox Icon should match the new rounded square design.

9. StuartS5

StuartS5 Bit poster

First off, i've been a Parallels customer for 9 years, since Parallels Desktop 7.

This is an important change for some people, the feature request is 4 years old and has the most votes out of any of them; yet is being ignored by Parallels. Other publishers have no problem having their precious logo/icon displayed in black/white in the status bar, yet parallels refuse to consider this an issue. I've just turned the icon off, but am getting increasingly frustrated with paying £40 per year for this software (remembering that actual macOS updates are now free), when there are free virtualisation alternatives offering all the features I actually use.

WarrenL1 likes this.
  10. SeanR6

SeanR6 Bit poster

+1 from me as well. The red is super distracting. Black in light mode, White in dark mode please!

11. MMiguelE

MMiguelE Bit poster

12. PhilipF5

PhilipF5 Bit poster

Two vertical lines please.

Attached Files:

13. JorgeB5

JorgeB5 Junior Member

+1
    On Big Sur that's a Big Issue, even Docker has a black and white icon, please make it a least an opt out feature

14. BenF6

BenF6 Bit poster

+1 (how has this not been done yet)

15. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Hold on to your Toolboxes, ladies and gentlemen! THE CHANGE IS COMING!

16. StuartS5

StuartS5 Bit poster

I mean, 5 years after this thread started and I'm still just happy it's coming. Thanks for listening.

17. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Hello everyone,
    Please meet the new Parallels Toolbox menu bar icon (also new application icon). I know it's been a while, and we really appreciate your patience while we worked internally to push for this change.

Yes, it gives me an enormous pleasure to mark this thread as "Completed".

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 11.03.57 AM.png
    And new application icon:
    Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 11.06.45 AM.png