Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac TP2 doesn't complete install

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by illitrate, Apr 10, 2021.

1. illitrate

illitrate Bit poster

Hi, has anyone had an issue with the Technical Preview installer not completing?
    I've downloaded it from the Parallels preview webpage. I open the .dmg and double click the Install Parallels Desktop app, there's a dialogue to say it is "Downloading Parallels Desktop" then a dialog saying "Installing Parallels Desktop" and I get a spinning beach ball..... and then that's it, nothing else happens.
    Is there something else required first? Do I need to enable some permissions somewhere for the Installer to write to ?

thanks

2. illitrate

illitrate Bit poster

Thanks - yeah tried that and no joy. Could be that the Preview 2 installer is expecting the first one to already be installed and working maybe

3. illitrate

illitrate Bit poster

I've installed the Big Sur 11.3 developer beta 7, and now I re-tried the Parallels installer and it's working as expected.
    So some incompatibility between the Tech Preview 2 installer and Big Sur 11.2 I guess. Or I had something glitched in 11.2 that was corrected by the beta 7 update.

Maria@Parallels likes this.