ARM64 Windows doesn't seem to seen my dictation microphone

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JerryG, Apr 29, 2021.

1. JerryG

JerryG Member

Just signed up for the Insider Preview for the Windows 10 ARM64 and installed it in Parallels on my M1 mini. This is build 21354. Unfortunately, I'm having a problem with microphone input, using a Phillips Speech Mike Pro.

In addition to the microphone, the device also also buttons to perform functions in the program and to move the curser and select fields using cursor buttons on the microphone. The microphone itself appears to be active, but the buttons don't work.

I do see the Speech Mike listed in the Parallels desktop app, not within Windows Device Manager. I don't even see the Parallels audio driver.
    Any ideas as to the nature of this problem and how to fix it. Is the problem with the Windows 10 for ARM build?

As an aside, how do I get the newer Windows ARM updates?

Thanks so much for any help.

Jerry

2. JerryG

JerryG Member

Thanks for the reply. I can't find any ARM drivers for this Phillips SpeechMike.
    I've noticed snapshots of the Device Manager in windows on Parallels shows "Parallels Audio Controller" under Sound. I don't see that on my installation. The only driver listed is the generic windows driver. I wonder if the problem is that the Parallels Audio Controller wasn't installed. I've reinstalled the Parallels tool, but nothing changes.

3. JerryG

JerryG Member

I'm running the arm64 preview version 213541. I believe there are later versions. I've set the channel to Dev. But no updates appear. Am I doing something wrong?

4. JerryG

JerryG Member

I think something may be amiss. Windows indicates I have the dev channel selected. But if I try to change to one of the other channels, it doesn't seem to stick. And running the update doesn't indicate any new updates.

5. StephaneR2

StephaneR2 Bit poster

I have the same problem - Thanks for posting, I feel better knowing that somebody else out there is struggling with this. Speechmike + Dragon (DPI 15) working for a few seconds then muted / no sound input (up to date W11 ARM on MBP 14 / Parallels 17 / Monterey 12.0.1). Not usable. If everything is turned off and back on it works for another sentence then stops. Latest firmware on speechmike. Happens with speechmike air and wired (USB). Also happens with random plugged-in microphone (jack). Worked fine before I switched to ARM-based system. Seems to be something in the way mic input is dealt with in W11 ARM VM on parallels. I hope it will be magically solved by some update... Until then this is a serious hit to my workflow and I need to have an older Intel-based MBP with me and work on dual machines.