Mouse / keyboard no longer works

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Phill8, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Phill8

Phill8 Bit poster

Hello,
    I've been using the technical preview since day 1 and have gone through every update since. Up until two nights ago everything worked fine.
    Today, for some reason, Parallels no longer accepts mouse or keyboard commands. I can't login or do anything. I've restarted it, restarted the laptop, I've tried it with the Big Sur latest beta + current stable version, I've reinstalled Parallels, I've changed the input settings to auto / don't detect for games, I've tried USB mice / keyboards - nothing makes a difference. It accepts no input at all.
    When I try to switch to coherence I get the following:
    [​IMG]
    When I try to do that, nothing happens ^^^^
    I sent my technical data / report (#366888891) before creating this forum post.

E__3 likes this.
  2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, I asked Parallels Support to contact you to schedule a remote session to check what happened

E__3 likes this.
  3. JasonF17

JasonF17 Junior Member

I had the same issue by the sounds of it... Mouse would freeze as soon as I clicked on something. Parallels provided no support via messenger. I had seen online there was an update to parallels 16.5 ? I updated and still nothing. I deleted/uninstalled windows and re-installed and mouse worked again.

E__3 and Maria@Parallels like this.
  4. GeoffT5

GeoffT5 Bit poster

Im now having this issue with latest Parallels for M1 and latest dev build of Windows 10 ARM.

E__3 likes this.
  5. JasonF17

JasonF17 Junior Member

I solved the problem by upgrading to parallels 16.5...(had to pay to upgrade :-( Then I deleted previous version on windows and created a new VM.... Problem solved for a price

E__3 likes this.
  6. DavideL1

DavideL1 Bit poster

Same issue here on MacBook 13 M1, Parallels 16.5 Pro and Windows 10 Arm last update of Insider Preview, please, any help?

E__3 likes this.
  7. DavideL1

DavideL1 Bit poster

Ok, temporarily resolved this issue booting Windows with Advanced Boot Options and choosing to uninstall the latest feature update of the OS.

E__3 likes this.
  8. GilbertF

GilbertF Bit poster

I uninstalled Windows, and re-installed, and I'm good to go now. My mouse would disappear after clicking, and my keyboard was unresponsive. I removed Windows and didn't keep files. Maybe try doing the same, but keeping your files?

E__3 likes this.
  9. greg9

greg9 Bit poster

M1 Macbook Air, 2020. Ok had this problem, almost had to reinstall Windows, I remembered that I used TimeMachine and was able to restore to the previous day. Bacon = Saved. Now its annoying. I tried hooking up an external USB mouse and Keyboard, Failed. I tried launching programs from the Mac side, Failed. I tried F8, F4, F..... Failed. Parallels really needs a boot to safe mode option in their menu system! VMWare does it. We are very close to a happy Windwos/Mac programming experience. We just needs some more tweaks.

E__3 likes this.
  10. greg9

greg9 Bit poster

Make sure you TimeMachine restore the *.pvm file from Finder under your user name / Parallels folder.

E__3 likes this.
  11. E__3

E__3 Bit poster

Realize this is an old thread. But now with the new parallels and an m1 max mac i am having the exact same issue. Did any of you find solutions?

12. KarenP4

KarenP4 Bit poster

Same here... Did someone find a solution?

13. Karim

Karim Bit poster

No solution found for this? This is really impacting us badly and no alternative can be found it seems