Mouse / keyboard no longer works

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by Phill8, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Phill8

Phill8 Bit Poster

Hello,
    I've been using the technical preview since day 1 and have gone through every update since. Up until two nights ago everything worked fine.
    Today, for some reason, Parallels no longer accepts mouse or keyboard commands. I can't login or do anything. I've restarted it, restarted the laptop, I've tried it with the Big Sur latest beta + current stable version, I've reinstalled Parallels, I've changed the input settings to auto / don't detect for games, I've tried USB mice / keyboards - nothing makes a difference. It accepts no input at all.
    When I try to switch to coherence I get the following:
    [​IMG]
    When I try to do that, nothing happens ^^^^
    I sent my technical data / report (#366888891) before creating this forum post.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Developers

Hi, I asked Parallels Support to contact you to schedule a remote session to check what happened

3. JasonF17

JasonF17 Bit Poster

I had the same issue by the sounds of it... Mouse would freeze as soon as I clicked on something. Parallels provided no support via messenger. I had seen online there was an update to parallels 16.5 ? I updated and still nothing. I deleted/uninstalled windows and re-installed and mouse worked again.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. GeoffT5

GeoffT5 Bit Poster

Im now having this issue with latest Parallels for M1 and latest dev build of Windows 10 ARM.

5. JasonF17

JasonF17 Bit Poster

I solved the problem by upgrading to parallels 16.5...(had to pay to upgrade :-( Then I deleted previous version on windows and created a new VM.... Problem solved for a price