Lightdm greeter login wrong resolution after PD Tools install

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by JorgeN1, Aug 24, 2020.

1. JorgeN1

JorgeN1 Bit poster

Hi everyone!
    I'm facing this after installation of PD Tools over Linux Mint 20, on MacBookPro 13 inch with Catalina. Please see attached file.
    Instead of previous resolution 2048x1280 I have now much less than that and the image doesn't occupy the rest of the screen.
    Where in LM20 can I change the login resolution of the greeter?
    LM20.jpg
    Thanks for your time!
    Jorge

2. TrustedComputer

TrustedComputer Member

3. JorgeN1

JorgeN1 Bit poster

We'll just have to wait if it's a priority for the DEV team.

PeterJ18: What is your workaround?

Thank you for your feedback.

4. tarkhx

tarkhx Bit poster

Please, can you describe your workaround? Im having same issue - after PT install and reboot lightdm switch to 1024x768 if I'm on fullscreen...

5. ukchucktown

ukchucktown Bit poster

It affects all the display managers based on my testing. I observed it gdm, kdm and sddm and the distro didn't matter. Seems like the xorg preferred mode for the display manager is 1024x768 and the resolution switching only activates when the window manager is running. I tried a number of things and nothing worked. I think it's a parallels problem. I opened a ticket but my experience with their support is less than stellar.

https://forum.parallels.com/threads...-1024x768-versus-fullscreen-1792x1120.353628/

6. Aba

Aba Bit poster

I noticed my Ubuntu VM would do this if I opened in fullscreen. For me it worked to exit fullscreen to a smaller resolution where it would fill the window and then enable fullscreen again.

Hope they make the necessary configuration change to fill whatever the current screen size is.