DirectX 12 Support (add app titles in comments)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by Danny7, Feb 23, 2018.

?

Would DirectX 12 Support from Parallels Improve Your Experience?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2023.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No - I don't utilize solutions that need DirectX 12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Danny7

Danny7 Bit poster

Kindly add direct x 12 support for playing high end gaming virtually

2. TobiasB4

TobiasB4 Bit poster

Anno1800 :D

JT_5 likes this.
  3. DashtonP

DashtonP Member

Hi there,
    I was wondering if you have thought about going this route for DX11/12 / Vulkan support with Parallels? I know MoltenVK isn't yet capable of supporting DXVK, but looking at the recent releases and pull requests from Github seems to suggest it is progressing quite well towards supporting DX11/12 (see #203). Otherwise I was wondering if you are planning on creating your own translation between Metal 2 and DX11/12, but seeing that you've used OpenGL prior it makes be assume you will go the MoltenVK route (if you haven't started that route already). Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    Dash

4. DashtonP

DashtonP Member

Battlefield 1, Battlefield V, Battlefront 2 (2018), Halo 5, Quantum Break

JT_5 likes this.
  5. BenjaminF2

BenjaminF2 Bit poster

Forza Horizon 4

JoachimV likes this.
  6. GerryH3

GerryH3 Bit poster

I'd like to add that as a developer, I'd really love general Direct X 12 support, not just specific titles. But I think if you cover Unreal Engine and Unity, that should take care of a vast majority of the needs of developers and gamers.

Being able to stay on Mac OS while I code in Visual Studio inside of the Windows VM, compile on both platforms, and test on both platforms, would be a major, major, major productivity booster. Even if I don't get every feature or exact accuracy, that's fine. As long as it's stable and lets me run dev tools, I'm good.

Let's add this to the list of apps, while we're at it: Renderdoc. It's an invaluable development tool for introspecting and debugging a graphics pipeline. I'm willing to bet that Parallels' developers probably use it!

JoachimV and Dmitry@Parallels like this.
  7. ManuelA4

ManuelA4 Bit poster

Hey,

Is there a planned release date for the release of DirectX 12 support?

The goal is to set proper expectations here.

Sincerest regards,
    Manuel Arno Korfmann Webentwicklung

JT_5 likes this.
  8. AndrewF5

AndrewF5 Bit poster

Wow, you posted in February 2018, and Parallels has still not had the decency to respond? They continue to sell this application and subscription model as supporting Windows 10, when it in fact does not. DirectX 11 is for Windows 7 & 8, and they are using it through emulation for Windows 10, which needs DirectX 12. So there is no hardware access at this point. My $4k+ iMac sits here with 4GB GPU and 64GB RAM that cannot be utilized for graphics applications in Windows 10 due to the lack of DX 12 support. So, might as well use the free Virtual Box or other apps.
    Yes, Parallels, start being honest and push your teams to do better work, and stop lying in your marketing.

AurelienB, JT_5 and AlexisF1 like this.
  9. mkrueger

mkrueger Junior Member

I would like support for No Man's Sky. I guess the version of Vulcan it uses needs DX12?

Unfortunately this was the first game I tried after upgrading to the newest Parallels, and I was pretty disappointed. It seems like marketing Parallels as a way to play games on Mac is somewhat disingenuous if you don't support the newest Vulcan.

JT_5, AlexisF1 and MaximB3 like this.
  10. Salsou

Salsou Bit poster

Hello !
    I wanted to play to Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Warzone, but unfortunately it needs directX 12, as many other recent games. So it would be really usefull to have access to this version.

JT_5 likes this.
  11. Kent Stuart

Kent Stuart Bit poster

Doom Eternal and Vulcan support would be much appreciated Parallels!!!!

JT_5, JonathanA9 and MaximB3 like this.
  12. RAULS4

RAULS4 Bit poster

Please add support for Call Of Duty Warzone

JT_5 likes this.
  13. RafkatA

RafkatA Bit poster

+1
    No Man's Sky

JT_5 and JonathanA9 like this.
  14. DonK7

DonK7 Bit poster

Death Stranding

JT_5 and JonathanA9 like this.
  15. KevinG16

KevinG16 Bit poster

Evil Genius 2

JT_5 likes this.
  16. JasonT6

JasonT6 Bit poster

Now that the minimum Windows 11 requirements include DirectX 12, maybe now we'll get it??

JT_5, JonathanA9, JoachimV and 2 others like this.
  17. mbook

mbook Bit poster

Forza Motorsport 7

JT_5 likes this.
  18. Stepmek

Stepmek Bit poster

Diablo 2 Resurrected, please add DirectX 12 support, any comment on this maybe ??

JT_5, kunze50, NIngyuanS and 4 others like this.
  19. TimT12

TimT12 Bit poster

Yeah - this one is a bummer. Can play Diablo 3 fine using Parallels on a powerful Mac, but Diablo 2 Resurrected gives an error about needing to check my drivers, and will not start. It installs just fine, though.

JT_5, JonathanA9, PiotrG3 and 2 others like this.
  20. jamesp29

jamesp29 Bit poster

DirectX 12 support, and Diablo 2 Resurrected please.