Would DirectX 12 Support from Parallels Improve Your Experience?

  • No - I don't utilize solutions that need DirectX 12

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    3
  • Poll closed .
Hi there,
I was wondering if you have thought about going this route for DX11/12 / Vulkan support with Parallels? I know MoltenVK isn't yet capable of supporting DXVK, but looking at the recent releases and pull requests from Github seems to suggest it is progressing quite well towards supporting DX11/12 (see #203). Otherwise I was wondering if you are planning on creating your own translation between Metal 2 and DX11/12, but seeing that you've used OpenGL prior it makes be assume you will go the MoltenVK route (if you haven't started that route already). Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Dash
 
I'd like to add that as a developer, I'd really love general Direct X 12 support, not just specific titles. But I think if you cover Unreal Engine and Unity, that should take care of a vast majority of the needs of developers and gamers.

Being able to stay on Mac OS while I code in Visual Studio inside of the Windows VM, compile on both platforms, and test on both platforms, would be a major, major, major productivity booster. Even if I don't get every feature or exact accuracy, that's fine. As long as it's stable and lets me run dev tools, I'm good.

Let's add this to the list of apps, while we're at it: Renderdoc. It's an invaluable development tool for introspecting and debugging a graphics pipeline. I'm willing to bet that Parallels' developers probably use it!
 
Hey,

Is there a planned release date for the release of DirectX 12 support?

The goal is to set proper expectations here.


Sincerest regards,
Manuel Arno Korfmann Webentwicklung
 
Kindly add direct x 12 support for playing high end gaming virtually
Wow, you posted in February 2018, and Parallels has still not had the decency to respond? They continue to sell this application and subscription model as supporting Windows 10, when it in fact does not. DirectX 11 is for Windows 7 & 8, and they are using it through emulation for Windows 10, which needs DirectX 12. So there is no hardware access at this point. My $4k+ iMac sits here with 4GB GPU and 64GB RAM that cannot be utilized for graphics applications in Windows 10 due to the lack of DX 12 support. So, might as well use the free Virtual Box or other apps.
Yes, Parallels, start being honest and push your teams to do better work, and stop lying in your marketing.
 
I would like support for No Man's Sky. I guess the version of Vulcan it uses needs DX12?

Unfortunately this was the first game I tried after upgrading to the newest Parallels, and I was pretty disappointed. It seems like marketing Parallels as a way to play games on Mac is somewhat disingenuous if you don't support the newest Vulcan.
 
Hello !
I wanted to play to Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Warzone, but unfortunately it needs directX 12, as many other recent games. So it would be really usefull to have access to this version.
 
Back
Top