Does Parallels Support Really Exist?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MikeG11, Jul 20, 2021.

1. MikeG11

MikeG11 Member

Parallels Desktop is a pricey, but excellent product. Another factor that would help justify the cost is support. However, in my experience so far as a new customer, support doesn't exist. I filed a support request back on July 14, 2021 at 1:56 PM. Aside from the automated response, I've heard nothing but crickets. And yes, I have been checking the junk folder, added parallels.com to safe senders, etc. Three days ago, I decided to post a request for help here in the forum instead. So far, twenty views and zero replies... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is this typical? With the prices/subscription fees Parallels charges, I would think they could afford a robust support infrastructure.

2. JohnW54

JohnW54 Bit poster

Geez! I was just about to post the same comment! I have tried repeatedly today to chat or speak by phone with anyone in support. Nobody's home. Suffice it to say, I'll be looking for a replacement for Parallels.

GauravJ3 likes this.
  3. GauravJ3

GauravJ3 Bit poster

I too believe they don't exist, I haven't seen till now one support executive answering people queries

JohnW54 likes this.
  4. GauravJ3

GauravJ3 Bit poster

I don't know why are these guys moderating my comments and not replying to people queries

5. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Mike, can you give me the ticket number you created with support so that I can check and will expedite it, thanks in advance.

GauravJ3 likes this.
  6. MikeG11

MikeG11 Member

Hello Ram! My ticket: #2998782

7. Ram@Parallels

Thanks for a quick reply Mike, I'll assign it to the technical support team to address it at the earliest, you can expect a reply soon, thanks again, Mike.

8. MikeG11

MikeG11 Member

Update: My issue has been resolved. Glad to see that Parallels support does exist after all. Once I got on their radar, I suddenly heard from multiple support reps. But my VM was down for ten days while awaiting a response. I'm guessing they are understaffed and heavily backlogged.

GauravJ3 likes this.
  9. Ram@Parallels

Glad to see that our support engineers were able to resolve the issue, Mike, feel free to reach us any time, we are here to help.