Problem connecting with programs Lutron Radiora2 & Lutron Homeworks

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DylanS2, Aug 2, 2018.

1. DanielW18

DanielW18 Bit poster

You have to be bridged not shared network, but even so with Big Sur and latest RadioRa it's not working over WiFi. Wired Ethernet works.

BAutomations likes this.
  2. TanmayT

TanmayT Bit poster

The same thing happening to me I have also tried to forget WiFi but it still persists. Expecting to have some solid solution over this to fix it forever in the future.

3. PaulM56

PaulM56 Bit poster

Same issue here. Brand new MacBook Pro - Parallels 16.1.1 - Windows 10.
    Any updates?

4. DanielW18

DanielW18 Bit poster

I have an open ticket with Parallels that has been escalated to second line support. I've been unable to follow up on testing/reporting with them because I've been away from the home where I have the Lutron system since late Nov, but will return and lick this back up the week of Jan 18. The ticket is "closed" as they couldn't keep it open definitely, but the support rep assured me that when I reply on the thread it will automatically re-open and we can pick up where we left off. If you'd like to pursue things with them in the meantime, it's ticket #2836212 and the email address is: support@support.parallels.com. I believe including the following, including brackets, in the subject line may trigger their system to open the ticket and add your comments to it: [Parallels #2836212]

Feel free to copy me at danny [at] winokur [dot] com so we can coordinate with them in follow up and testing.

5. Hello, did you test the same behavior with Parallels Desktop 15? Please share any results with us here or by email.

6. hjw

hjw Bit poster

Same Problem Here

7. Hello, what is your Parallels Desktop version?

8. hjw

hjw Bit poster

Hello Maria, I am running version 16.1.3 (49160)
    Thanks.

9. hjw

hjw Bit poster

One more thing. It seemed to be working fine when I was running Parallels Desktop version 15.1.5 (47309)
    Thanks.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  10. Thank you for your reply,
    could you provide us with a bit more details about the issue please?

11. hjw

hjw Bit poster

Hello Maria, Here are some details of the issue.

The Lutron HomeWorks QS and RadioRA 2 systems rely heavily on multicast traffic to cut back on total network traffic and provide timely system response.

Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) is an IP networking protocol used to establish multicast groups. It is part of IPv4 and has an IPv6 counterpart called MLD (Multicast Listener Discovery). There are three versions of IGMP: v1, v2, and v3. The HomeWorks QS (HWQS) Processor and RadioRA 2 (RA2) Main Repeater support all three versions.

An example of multicast in a Lutron system is an operating system (OS) firmware update for a new revision of the system programming software. Regardless of the number of RA2 Main Repeaters or HWQS Processors, the firmware update is performed to all processors simultaneously using multicast.

When I am running Parallels Desktop version 15.1.5 (47309) the Lutron system programming software, that runs on Windows, can establish multicast communication with the Lutron Main Repeaters.

When I am running Parallels Desktop version 16.1.3 (49160) the Lutron system programming software, that runs on Windows, cannot establish multicast communication with the Lutron Main Repeaters.

12. LeeH10

LeeH10 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue recently, cannot connect to Lutron, Ra2 or HWQS or HW, via multicast over wifi. Hardwired works fine.
    Parallels Desktop: 16.1.2
    Macbook Pro 15" 2019: Big Sur 11.2.3

I'm on site with Lutron systems multiple times a week if there is testing needed. Can also fire up a RA2 main repeater at home if needed.

13. Hi, could you check the same issue with the latest Parallels Desktop build 16.1.3 please?

14. LeeH10

LeeH10 Bit poster

When I check for updates there are none available. Still at 16.1.2. I'm on a business edition, if that makes a difference?

15. LeeH10

LeeH10 Bit poster

I've now updated to 16.5 and finding the same issues. Here's a tech report ID sent immediately after initiating a search for the Lutron repeater.

16. JasonB42

JasonB42 Bit poster

This issue persists with Parallels 17. It seems as though multicast traffic is being blocked over wifi, or at lease when attempting to send or receive packets to/from a device on the network. We cannot locate the Lutron main repeater through the software while on wifi, but can when hard wired. When initiating a ping the devices shows as on the network. This has worked in the past and is very frustrating that it's been an issue for well over a year now...

17. JustinN7

JustinN7 Bit poster

I just cancelled auto-renew on my subscriptions. Over two years without a fix for this is just poor support.

LeeM10 likes this.
  18. LeeM10

LeeM10 Bit poster

100% exact same issue as everyone else. I have a brand new 2 week old 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max Apple Silicon running Windows 11 on Parallels 17 for ARM. It absolutely will not find the RA2 main repeater on Wifi. I've been fighting with it for an hour. Finally connected with Ethernet and boom it instantly finds it and connects. I only have a few days left on my trial for Parallels but so glad I found this forum as 2 years and still no fix? Yeah I don't think so, I won't be signing up with Parallels at all as this is brutal. The responses from "support" on here are quite frankly pathetic.

19. RichardM41

RichardM41 Bit poster

Same issue here. When are we going to have a solution for this?

20. RichardM41

RichardM41 Bit poster

Here some pictures

Attached Files: